Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

devonn216

Subscribed! Im getting in late in your build, but hey better late than never so they say. Looks great man! I have spent a good portion of my morning reading through your build. on page 55 and ill finish after lunch!

Napalm

Man, Napalm! That looks sweet!

Looking awesome napalm
Onyx is a piece of art that's a fact jack 😀

Looks awesome! Really looking forward to your thoughts on the KO2s

Sweet!! I can't wait to get new tires. The anticipation has been building for so long.

Subscribed! Im getting in late in your build, but hey better late than never so they say. Looks great man! I have spent a good portion of my morning reading through your build. on page 55 and ill finish after lunch!

Thanks everyone!!!

So I question I've been thinking about though now is... How bad do I actually need C gussets? I'm not wheeling at all... At least in the next couple of months.

Napalm

C gussets ordered and on the way. Now just to find a cheap welder and take it super easy driving for the next week or so.

devonn216

Finally finished reading through the build! Awesome job! The new tires look great! I need to order some c gussets myself. I cant wait for more to happen with Onyx!

Last edited:

Napalm

Finally finished reading through the build! Awesome job! The new tires look great! I need to order some c gaussets myself. I cant wait for more to happen with Onyx!

Unfortunately after the C gussets, and possibly a programmer(if needed) I'll be all finished up for probably the remainder of the year. Just to recover from Wheels/tires/buying a new house... LoL.

But, I will be updating with plenty of pictures and adventures. We have a lot planned for the fall!

devonn216

Unfortunately after the C gussets, and possibly a programmer(if needed) I'll be all finished up for probably the remainder of the year. Just to recover from Wheels/tires/buying a new house... LoL.

But, I will be updating with plenty of pictures and adventures. We have a lot planned for the fall!

The pictures and adventures are 50% of the fun! Keep em coming!

Napalm

Snapped a few more pictures of my new BFGs today. Unfortunately, until I get my C gussets burned on next week, I won't be going off road to test them offroad.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435187525.851909.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435187550.263991.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435187590.057813.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435187614.352124.jpg

Also picked this up at Wally-world today, it's made by surf city garage. Thought I'd give it a try and it works AMAZING! My new favorite cleaning product.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435187703.414213.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435187729.772206.jpg

Unfortunately for the next week or so, I have to baby Onyx as much as possible in fear of bending my Cs. Maybe I'm being too cautious, but I am worried.

Also talked to a buddy about slicing some fenders!

Drobo

Wow I love your rig. It's my like ultimate goal lol

I was looking at ordering the same wheels since I love the look of them and for practicality use I was thinking of scooping up 5 of them. Do you think if I throw the stock tires on them it would be okay? My jeep is still 100% stock, and upgrading to new tires will have to waitbut I could do a rim swap in the mean time.

But again nice ride man, put a lot of care into the aesthetic care of your Jeep. :clap2:

Napalm

Wow I love your rig. It's my like ultimate goal lol

I was looking at ordering the same wheels since I love the look of them and for practicality use I was thinking of scooping up 5 of them. Do you think if I throw the stock tires on them it would be okay? My jeep is still 100% stock, and upgrading to new tires will have to waitbut I could do a rim swap in the mean time.

But again nice ride man, put a lot of care into the aesthetic care of your Jeep. :clap2:

Thank you. It's coming along slowly but quicker than expected!

And do you have a rubi or sport?

Napalm

I have the Sport

Here's a picture of them on stock rubi tires. The sport has the same size tire, just different tread. I thought it looked OK. But, you will lose a little ride height and the ride is a little rougher.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435242126.984321.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435242160.573081.jpg

Drobo

Here's a picture of them on stock rubi tires. The sport has the same size tire, just different tread. I thought it looked OK. But, you will lose a little ride height and the ride is a little rougher.

Damn, that looks really nice *drools* So because you changed your rims out, you noticed that the ride got a little rougher and lost ride height because of it? Just to clarify? :O

Napalm

Damn, that looks really nice *drools* So because you changed your rims out, you noticed that the ride got a little rougher and lost ride height because of it? Just to clarify? :O

Well the wheels are about an inch wider than stock, they actually stretch the stock tire a little bit. Stretching that stock tire out makes it a little bit smaller as far as height. I'm not sure why my ride because more rough.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Well the wheels are about an inch wider than stock, they actually stretch the stock tire a little bit. Stretching that stock tire out makes it a little bit smaller as far as height. I'm not sure why my ride because more rough.

If the rim is only an inch wider then the tire beads have only moved out a half inch or less on each side and the tire diameter couldn't have changed much if at all. I'd be surprised if that had any effect on ride.

Did you make sure your running the same tire pressure as before?

Napalm

If the rim is only an inch wider then the tire beads have only moved out a half inch or less on each side and the tire diameter couldn't have changed much if at all. I'd be surprised if that had any effect on ride.

Did you make sure your running the same tire pressure as before?

It might have just been all in my head, LoL! And I was. Now I'm running 35s though!

Top Bottom