Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

devonn216

Unfortunately for the next week or so, I have to baby Onyx as much as possible in fear of bending my Cs. Maybe I'm being too cautious, but I am worried.

Also talked to a buddy about slicing some fenders!

I'm in the same boat right now! I started my fender trim last night and I'll finish it tonight. Trying to get some C gussets, but cant decided if i should order directly from EVO for $69 shipped or find something else to buy along with them at Northridge to get free shipping...

Napalm

I'm in the same boat right now! I started my fender trim last night and I'll finish it tonight. Trying to get some C gussets, but cant decided if i should order directly from EVO for $69 shipped or find something else to buy along with them at Northridge to get free shipping...

I went with Synergy Gussets because they are nearly identical to EVO but I found a little faster shipping. I won't have them until Monday and hopefully I'll get them on by Wednesday. Hate driving on pens and needles!

devonn216

I went with Synergy Gussets because they are nearly identical to EVO but I found a little faster shipping. I won't have them until Monday and hopefully I'll get them on by Wednesday. Hate driving on pens and needles!

I hear that! I went over a railraod crossing the other day and held my breath! :fingerscrossed:

bonedaddy

hey man, looks great! it's come along quite nicely... just finished going through the thread, love how you keep changing your mind on the tops... the personal experience write-ups - keep up the good work...

great and inspiring build, look forward to seeing more from it...

Donnie

Napalm

hey man, looks great! it's come along quite nicely... just finished going through the thread, love how you keep changing your mind on the tops... the personal experience write-ups - keep up the good work...

great and inspiring build, look forward to seeing more from it...

Donnie

LoL...I change tops more than underwear! LOL. But really, no matter how many tops i run, my favorite has always been the trek top, and it will stay that way. Glad my build is an inspiration to some! Plenty more to come!

Napalm

Sunrise at the FD.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435333227.999104.jpg

Plans for the week, drive as little as possible until next Tuesday when my gussets come in.

Dropping the Jeep off on Tuesday for the Gussets.

The next week, chopping the fenders and rock rails. Had to remove them at the moment for rubbing.

And then the weekend after next, Florida with my wife!

Jackal01

Ran this today at 3am. Our first due. Of course I was riding seat so I had command initially. Pulled a second alarm. Nobody home with 3 cars in the driveway. Roof and second floor fully involved.

1435355279713.jpg
1435355589783.jpg
1435355610808.jpg
1435355629603.jpg

Napalm

Ran this today at 3am. Our first due. Of course I was riding seat so I had command initially. Pulled a second alarm. Nobody home with 3 cars in the driveway. Roof and second floor fully involved.

View attachment 150722
View attachment 150723
View attachment 150724
View attachment 150725

Oh wow man.. Looks like you guys have been seeing some action! How bad was the damage? Looks like you guys saved most of the exterior. Good job!!

I've been riding the ambulance here lately working with some NRP students trying to get them checked off.

Considering making a career move to Flight Paramedicine though..

Napalm

Not much to note. Been doing a lot with work and whatnot, but I did get a package today!

Synergy C Gussets!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435616491.455909.jpg

Napalm

Absolutely, yes! :yup: I bet you feel better too. Now, get out there and pound some trails and please remember to post pictures this time. You never post any shots. :cheesy:

I know... I really should start sharing my adventures.. ;)

Did you weld them? If not now much was it to have them put on? What did you paint them with?

I had a shop weld them on for me and they charged me $275! Not sure what they painted them with

Nice. Was the welder able to to it without disassembling everything?

He had to remove the spring which required moving the shock and sway bar. But he left the ball joint in

LasVegasJK

I know... I really should start sharing my adventures.. ;)

I had a shop weld them on for me and they charged me $275! Not sure what they painted them with

He had to remove the spring which required moving the shock and sway bar. But he left the ball joint in

$275. Seems like you got a fair deal. The welds look good. Was it a 4x4 shop or just a regular welding shop?

Napalm

It was a 4x4 shop. No one else in town knew what a C gusset was.. I wasn't going to risk my ball joints due to an inexperienced welder.

Top Bottom