New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

Adamdrubicon

Oh yeah, another teraflex tire carrier thread! :pop2:

I did buy that POS. The hinge itself was very nice and mounted fine. The tire carrier is a piece of round metal that slides over another round tube of metal. Then there's 2 pinch bolts that pinch it together. Total crap and the washers crushed and split before I could get the carrier tight enough. I took the whole thing off and sold it the same day. Now I run a bumper mounted carrier.

That's the thing I don't like about the teraflex carrair. It's hard to do in pictures how the evo mount adjusts. I hope it's a better way then the Tera where it just gets crushed.

Jeepfan30

Oh yeah, another teraflex tire carrier thread! :pop2:

I did buy that POS. The hinge itself was very nice and mounted fine. The tire carrier is a piece of round metal that slides over another round tube of metal. Then there's 2 pinch bolts that pinch it together. Total crap and the washers crushed and split before I could get the carrier tight enough. I took the whole thing off and sold it the same day. Now I run a bumper mounted carrier.

Haha! I have had the TF tire carrier and hinge for over 3 years holding a 35" Toyo M/T. I guess I got lucky because it still works and looks great. I do love EVO products, so I'll buy that one if the TF falls apart.

adamsnewone

I just installed the evo carrier. Haven't had the teraflex but this one is beefy as hell! I didn't have any of the issues people were have installing them. I did end up using 2 longer bolts on the bottom but that's because I had them handy. You only have maybe 3 threads to catch after putting the 2 plates in. But functionality is perfect. Opens and closes smoothly. And no rattles or tires moving.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Adamdrubicon

I noticed on the evo the studs are done one on the top and two on the bottom. It looks like you can remove the four bolds and flip it the other way so it's two studs on top. Do you guys know if that's possible?

Dever

I noticed on the evo the studs are done one on the top and two on the bottom. It looks like you can remove the four bolds and flip it the other way so it's two studs on top. Do you guys know if that's possible?

No. The wheel mounting plate bolts to a receiver which in turn bolts to the carrier. The wheel plate "nests" on top of the receiver. While you could flip them, you'd lose a lot of the strength built into it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Adamdrubicon

Nope I had all of the right parts. Just wish evo wouldn't use so many damn peanuts on the packaging lmao

I noticed how you have your rubicon tire sitting that you must have made it so there's two studs on the top and one in the bottom. Did it say it's ok to turn it that way? Still feel solid? Thanks

Vanv39

I had to use a spacer because of the back spacing with the stock wheel so I kept it how it mounts actually, which I think was 2 on the left 1 on the right

boardsurfer

The way it is pictured there isnt the way it mounts. It is more like 2 on the right and one on the left, with only one being lower than the other two.

Adamdrubicon

I'm confused because I saw the pictures of one jeep that the wheel was sitting how I wanted it so I could mount my third brake light behind the wheel. Then I saw another post on another site of a guy that installed one with my tires and the rim was not sitting the way I want. Every picture I've seen on google
With the carrier installed with no wheel shows two studs on the bottom and one on the top. Maybe it does not matter where the lugs are on the carrier u can just spin the wheel to where you want it.

Last edited:

tgoss

I'm confused because I saw the pictures of one jeep that the wheel was sitting how I wanted it so I could mount my third brake light behind the wheel. Then I saw another post on another site of a guy that installed one with my tires and the rim was not sitting the way I want. Every picture I've seen on google
With the carrier installed with no wheel shows two studs on the bottom and one on the top. Maybe it does not matter where the lugs are on the carrier u can just spin the wheel to where you want it.

No unfortunately the mounting plate has all three studs fixed.

boardsurfer

I may be the only one with this problem but I thought I would mention that I finally tracked down the insanely annoying squeaking. It was the 3 bolts that hold the wheel mount. When I first installed it, I didnt have the proper tools handy so I improvised. Those 3 bolts are a little tough to get to without a deep socket so I angled a wrench up in there and used a socket on top. I got it pretty tight - or so I thought.

Yesterday after rotating tires I decided to go over it all one more time before reinstalling the spare. I went and got a proper deep well socket and was able to crank those bolts down a little more than last time. NO MORE SQUEAKING. PRAISE THE JEEP GODS FOR THEY HAVE BLESSED ME WITH BLISSFUL SILENCE ONCE AGAIN. :bowdown:

Vanv39

I may be the only one with this problem but I thought I would mention that I finally tracked down the insanely annoying squeaking. It was the 3 bolts that hold the wheel mount. When I first installed it, I didnt have the proper tools handy so I improvised. Those 3 bolts are a little tough to get to without a deep socket so I angled a wrench up in there and used a socket on top. I got it pretty tight - or so I thought.

Yesterday after rotating tires I decided to go over it all one more time before reinstalling the spare. I went and got a proper deep well socket and was able to crank those bolts down a little more than last time. NO MORE SQUEAKING. PRAISE THE JEEP GODS FOR THEY HAVE BLESSED ME WITH BLISSFUL SILENCE ONCE AGAIN. :bowdown:

Glad you were able to get it fixed. That would drive me crazy!

Top Bottom