NEW MEATS for MOBY : 40x13.50 Toyo Open Country M/T's & ATX Chamber Pro II's

Danger

I've never balanced any of my beadlocks. Maybe some people do. Really good tires should be well balanced fro the factory.

big dr

Wether or not you feel vibrations,, you should have the tires checked for balance. If they don't need weight,, great! If they need any at all,, then you are better off mechanically.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You owe her a couple dinners.

LOL!! Indeed. Fortunately, at the time, she seemed happy with just a couple IB Profin.

Ha, that is too cool. Cindy can wheel and wrench with the best of em. Thanks for making me feel like crap. Lol.

Will see them and you guys in a few days. Can't wait!!!

She may not look like it but she's a tough cookie. :yup:

I thought the Chambers didn't have enough backspace for the coilovers. I guess that's not true huh.

They have full width axles. They are 3" wider then stock.

What he said ^^^

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
what're cheaper/better
Trail grapplers or open countrys

To be clear, Toyo owns Nitto and all their tires are made in the same factories. Up to a 37" tire, they are all made in the USA in White, GA. That being said, their prices are very similar if not the same. As far as "better" goes, both companies use slightly different rubber compounds and obviously, different tread patterns. I really like the rubber compound on the Trail Grapplers and have found them to be one of the best on the rocks. They are super sticky and have shoulder lugs that really want to bite in. The only problem that I have found with them (at least on the 40's) is that they wear out really fast and their sidewalls tend to be a bit weaker than the Toyo's I ran in the past. To be clear, we would have preferred to run Trail Grapplers again but couldn't find a set anywhere and anytime soon. We got the Toyo's mainly because they were available now but also because we've never run their 40x13.50's. These are relatively new, narrower than the 15.50's we had before and have a softer rubber compound. We're eager to see how they perform and to see if they have just as strong of a sidewall as our previous set.

Nice job Cindy, Eddie you are one lucky man! Moby is looking good.

Thanks, I most certainly am especially being that she's the one sore as hell and I'm not :D

Those new chamber pros and Toyo's look awesome on Moby! :thumb:

Question: Ground to rooftop, how tall is Moby? ;)

LOL!! You know we run a TrekTop so we're a bit shorter. Last I checked, we were about 70" tall and with the new tires, are probably closer to 71". That being said, we have our coil overs set really short and may bump that up a bit so that we can drive faster in the desert. Either way, we can fit into any standard 7' garage with plenty of room to spare. :yup:

Just out of curiosity how is it that the tires and wheels are balanced without any weights on them? Maybe I am missing something lol

I was at Off Road Evolution once when the president of Toyo came by to visit and I asked him this - his answer was that their tires were actually "round".:D

Seriously, I have yet to find a tire more round than a Toyo and I have NEVER had to balance a single one after installing them and we have gone through multiple sets on several Jeeps over the years. This is NOT to say the same about other tires we've run. Even our 37" Trail Grapplers on Rubicat needed a little balancing as we were getting a bit of a shimmy at 80 MPH+. Our 40" Trail Grapplers didn't need any.

Danger

I use a radial runout guage to check my tractor trailer tires for true round. It's pretty cool. As long as tires are round no balance is needed.

Spaulding

I remember seeing the first 40's around 1979-80 and thinking "no way". I had 36's then and a buddy had gone to 38's.

And your wife does excellent work.

Bob

ctlazer5

I was at Off Road Evolution once when the president of Toyo came by to visit and I asked him this - his answer was that their tires were actually "round".:D

Seriously, I have yet to find a tire more round than a Toyo and I have NEVER had to balance a single one after installing them and we have gone through multiple sets on several Jeeps over the years. This is NOT to say the same about other tires we've run. Even our 37" Trail Grapplers on Rubicat needed a little balancing as we were getting a bit of a shimmy at 80 MPH+. Our 40" Trail Grapplers didn't need any.

That's impressive! wow.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
looking good!
when moby runs the 15.5s wide tires. for some reason i feel that they look too wide for the jeep (personal preference i guess). but every time i see 13.5s on 40s, i think thats the perfect width for that size and just look amazing😎
also i really like the new wheels!

Danger

I'm not trying to argue with you. I agree with what you say about balancing, but we run 140,000 and have never balanced our Michellen super singles. I did state that it is a tractor trailer. I also have never balanced my beadlocks. I have learned from others so I can't be the only one with no issues.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
After seeing her do those tires I suddenly feel the need to give back my man card. Has Moby's wheel base been stretched?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After seeing her do those tires I suddenly feel the need to give back my man card. Has Moby's wheel base been stretched?

Nope, no stretch. I think what you're seeing is the effects of a wide angle lens :cool:

As far as Cindy goes, it always cracks me up when I hear guys talking shit about women Jeepers where she could easily spank them on the trail and in a lot of cases, with a wrench too. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
Anyone re balance tires after every rotation. Sounds like a lot of work and money.

I usually pay for the lifetime balance & rotation deal at my local Discount Tire store. Good for the life of the tires. Usually get my tires balance whenever they seem to need it.

I have the same lifetime warranty and balance program via Americas Tires for my 37" TrailGraplers. They re-balance with every rotation. I'm not running slabs, so it was a good deal to get the balancing.

Davwashere

Okay, just finished mounting everything up - check it out!!

main.php

Just went on a test drive and even at 80 MPH+, no shimmy or vibrations what so ever and there's not an ounce of weight on any of the wheels. Toyos ROCK!! :rock:

Looking Good!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Okay, just finished mounting everything up - check it out!! :cool:

main.php

Just went on a test drive and even at 80 MPH+, no shimmy or vibrations what so ever and there's not an ounce of weight on any of the wheels. Toyos ROCK!! :rock:

Moby is looking great Eddie! I love the look of the machined Chamber Pros!:thumb: Those Toyos are sweet too. Thye really change up the entire look! :thumb:

Top Bottom