NEW MEATS for MOBY : 40x13.50 Toyo Open Country M/T's & ATX Chamber Pro II's

CRZRTX

Actually, there is a slight downside with the 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers and that's tread life. The soft sticky rubber compound Nitto uses make them outstanding on the rocks but we've only managed to get about 30,000 miles out of ours before we really wanted to replace them. I should note that our 37's on Rubicat are lasting a lot longer. If you're okay with that and don't need them in a hurry, they are a great tire choice.

Thanks for the info. I ended up getting Toyo 38" M/T tires. I went with the 18" wheel in order to clear the big brakes (Ram 3500). So far I love them. Leaving for Moab tomorrow to test them out. After a 19 hour drive (one way) and hitting various trails out there, I should have a good feel for them. Hope to see you out there!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You know, some days are just better than the rest and really, today just happened to be one of those days. Being that I have so much to do on Moby to get him ready for our upcoming Moab trip, Cindy decided to take it upon herself to get our new bigass and super heavy 40x13.50 Toyo MT's mounted onto our new big and heavy ATX Chamber Pro II's!!

Here's a shot of all the wheels and tires ready to get installed.
IMG_4560.jpg

Cindy installing the new valve stems.
IMG_4568.jpg

Working the new wheels onto the new tires.
IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

Flipping the tire over and positioning it on top of a bucket.
IMG_4573.jpg

Here she is pounding the bead lip onto the edge of the wheel to help provide proper seating of the ring.
IMG_4574.jpg

And the best part right here, me taking a photo of her working tirelessly as she slowly goes around tightening ALL the bolts by hand until they are at the proper torque spec! My arms and back are killing me just watching her :D
IMG_4575.jpg

Finishing up by filling up the tire with some air until the back of the tire is seated on the bead.
IMG_4577.jpg

The 1st of 5 done.
IMG_4566.jpg

And here are ALL 5
IMG_4580.jpg

Yes my friends, Cindy is a keeper :D

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Thats awesome Eddie glad to see some progress on Moby :thumb:

Gotta give it to Cindy she did a great job mounting the tires :yup:

Fridge81

I have a mini tire helper now. One day she'll mount tires too! Great job Cindy!

Attachments

• 1428371515412.jpg
    1428371515412.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 267

JAGS

Hooked
Ha, that is too cool. Cindy can wheel and wrench with the best of em. Thanks for making me feel like crap. Lol.

Will see them and you guys in a few days. Can't wait!!!

Top Bottom