NEW MEATS for MOBY : 40x13.50 Toyo Open Country M/T's & ATX Chamber Pro II's

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sorry. I am running Nittos on my jK. I'm running Toyos on my 2012 F350. They are my fourth set I've run on my trucks. I love them!!! I'm working with a friend who owns a tire shop that I use to get them replaced. They have fantastic customer service too.

I do have to say I am more than impressed with the Nittos on the JK though. I've only got a little more than 1000 miles on them but most of that is on dirt or trails. They hook up!!! I'm thinking of running a set on the truck this next go around. Enjoy!!!

Your truck is a lot heavier then a JK.

mackey

Eddie, did you ever think of running BFG Krawlers? I'm guessing they may wear to quickly on pavement?

As some of you may know, we had been trying to get our hands on a set of 40" Nitto Trail Grappler for some time now but apparently, there simply aren't any to be had anywhere.

Just curious: If the 40" Nittos would have been available would you have bought those?

BTW New wheels look badass for sure!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Wow! This is gonna be a killer set of new shoes for Moby.:yup: No one said anything about Rusty doing the heavy lifting to bring the Toyos home. He's really lookin' great!:thumb::thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious: If the 40" Nittos would have been available would you have bought those?

BTW New wheels look badass for sure!

LOL!! Well yeah, that's what we were looking for forever before finally deciding to look at other options. :D
Having said that, we're really glad that things worked out the way they have. :yup:

Wow! This is gonna be a killer set of new shoes for Moby.:yup: No one said anything about Rusty doing the heavy lifting to bring the Toyos home. He's really lookin' great!:thumb::thumb:

Thanks! It sure is nice to have a great working truck like Rusty :yup:

rubicrawl

Sooooo I want to see Moby with his new shoes any pics? When I upgrade my axles I was going to get the same rims I love the look of a white jeep with the polished rims can't wait to see it congrats on your new rims and tires brother

David1tontj

Awesome wheels and tires! 35,000 miles isn't that bad all things considered.

You know- I feel bad for your old slabs, so if you'd like, I will give them a nice warm garage to live in! Haha. 😁

longarmwj

I find it interesting that you didn't like the MTR Kevlar. I've run them in the 35 flavor for just over a year and I love them. My experience is the exact opposite of y'all's. Then again a lot of southern wheeling is sloppy which is where the MTRs really shine. I've never been without traction in a sloppy situation.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sooooo I want to see Moby with his new shoes any pics? When I upgrade my axles I was going to get the same rims I love the look of a white jeep with the polished rims can't wait to see it congrats on your new rims and tires brother

Man, I so want to work on this but I've been busy with a few other projects. Hope to get to them soon.

Awesome wheels and tires! 35,000 miles isn't that bad all things considered.

You know- I feel bad for your old slabs, so if you'd like, I will give them a nice warm garage to live in! Haha. 

Nah, not bad at all for how well they do on the rocks. As far as the Slabs go, we'll be keeping them as back ups. Sorry.

I find it interesting that you didn't like the MTR Kevlar. I've run them in the 35 flavor for just over a year and I love them. My experience is the exact opposite of y'all's. Then again a lot of southern wheeling is sloppy which is where the MTRs really shine. I've never been without traction in a sloppy situation.

We put on a lot of miles on our Jeeps and I mean A LOT driving out to the trails, wheeling them and then driving back again. We could NEVER get them balanced right and when you're cruising down the highway at 75 MPH plus for hours on end, it can really suck. Again, ON THE ROCKS, the kind of sharp nasty ones that we have in the desert, the MTR's SUCK. When aired down, they were rubbery and behaved unpredictably COMPARED TO something like a Toyo or Nitto and when it comes to sidewall strength, there's just no comparison. The MTR's are paper thin and I have seen them tear right open again and again. Can't say how they would do in the mud as I try to avoid the stuff and of course, this is just my opinion based on my limited experience.

Top Bottom