NEW MEATS for MOBY : 40x13.50 Toyo Open Country M/T's & ATX Chamber Pro II's

MaxPower

Looking good! I have 35" Nitto Trail grapplers so it's nice to hear that you loved them. Although I like the look of the toyo as well....well crap now you got me confused what to buy next lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't wait to see those meats mounted up!

Wanna install them for me :crazyeyes: :D

Looking good! I have 35" Nitto Trail grapplers so it's nice to hear that you loved them. Although I like the look of the toyo as well....well crap now you got me confused what to buy next lol

We have run both and both are great tires. You really can't go wrong with either.

Grubbicon

So I know I have asked you a couple times about the milage on those tires. So what kind of milage do they have on them now that you are pulling them off?

Recurve

Lol, Mounting 40's on bead locks sounds like a full day's work.

I was thinking the same thing. How LONG does it take to mount 5 big ass tires on 5 wheels , with the wheels being bead locks... Ugh lots of wrenching. I will be doing this soon only with 37s
Btw, good choice on the chamber pros!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So I know I have asked you a couple times about the milage on those tires. So what kind of milage do they have on them now that you are pulling them off?

Just read on their FB page that they are at 35K and the tires are pretty much bald.

Grubbicon

I was thinking the same thing. How LONG does it take to mount 5 big ass tires on 5 wheels , with the wheels being bead locks... Ugh lots of wrenching. I will be doing this soon only with 37s
Took me pretty much a full day to mount my 40s on a set of Spyderlocks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, Mounting 40's on bead locks sounds like a full day's work.

Took me pretty much a full day to mount my 40s on a set of Spyderlocks

Oh yeah, at least a full day to get them all on. For me, I'll most likely work on them a little here and a little there so it may take a bit longer. :crazyeyes:

Just read on their FB page that they are at 35K and the tires are pretty much bald.

We first started thinking about getting new tires at about 30,000 miles. As mentioned, we now have about 35,000 miles on them and they really are close to being bald. Not exactly stellar mileage but, the 40's do have a softer rubber compound than even the 37 or 35 Trail Grapplers. I just hope these new Toyo's will last longer but, it's hard to say for sure being that they're so similar to the 40" Nitto's.

To do it right, it takes a really long time. So many bolts and all need to be hand torqued.

SASI4BT

That set up will look great! That's the same tire I run on slabs, and they have been great for me. No vibration problems and no tracking problems with mine. I will be looking forward to see what you think of them, since you have way more experience to compare them with.

Looking forward to seeing the new wheels!!! I hope you get a few more miles than what I'm getting on my current set of Toyos. I'm at 26,000 and almost bald.

Funny, your profile says you're running Nittos :thinking:

Sorry. I am running Nittos on my jK. I'm running Toyos on my 2012 F350. They are my fourth set I've run on my trucks. I love them!!! I'm working with a friend who owns a tire shop that I use to get them replaced. They have fantastic customer service too.

I do have to say I am more than impressed with the Nittos on the JK though. I've only got a little more than 1000 miles on them but most of that is on dirt or trails. They hook up!!! I'm thinking of running a set on the truck this next go around. Enjoy!!!

Top Bottom