NEW MEATS for MOBY : 40x13.50 Toyo Open Country M/T's & ATX Chamber Pro II's

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
This is great news! i am excited to see what everything looks like mounted up!

main.php

by the way, what jeep is in the back up on jack stands?

edit: Wrong picture, but hope you know what im talking about.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Very sexy setup! Moby has come full circle, back on Toyos! Those 40s are freaking sweet! Curious how they will measure once mounted, they look huge!

BlueBox

Awesome looking tires.

Got a newb question: Aside from finish are there any notable differences between the Chamber II's and Slabs?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bad ass :thumb:

Thanks! Now all I gotta do is find some time to mount them. :crazyeyes:

Very sexy setup! Moby has come full circle, back on Toyos! Those 40s are freaking sweet! Curious how they will measure once mounted, they look huge!

It is crazy how things worked out but, we don't have any regrets. We loved running Toyo MT's in the past and have yet to see anyone really put these new 40x13.50's to the test. Should be interesting to see how the new Range C's and new rubber compound do.

I wonder why DTD doesn't sell Toyo? Isn't Nitto and Toyo one and the same?

Not 100% sure, something about licensing or some kind of politics. Toyo is the parent company though.

I think those wheels are gonna look awesome on Moby!

Congrats on the new wheels and tires! I'm sure Moby is going to look sweet in those Chamber II's!

We think so too and can't wait to get them installed :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats! That will be awesome on Moby!. I love seeing the evolution of your rigs

LOL!! Crazy how after almost 8 years, Moby is still evolving :crazyeyes:

This is discouraging I wanted to upsize to 40s for the JKX in May

No reason why you can't upsize to 40's. You're just hard pressed to do it with Nittos. :idontknow:

Awesome looking tires.

Got a newb question: Aside from finish are there any notable differences between the Chamber II's and Slabs?

The Chamber Pro II's have a bit more back spacing but other than that and finish, they are essentially the same wheel.

Eddie, I'm curious. Are the beads on the Toyos or Nittos super thick? These cheap ass Procomps I have are really thick as opposed to the KM2's I had before and it actually makes seating a ring next to impossible.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I'm curious. Are the beads on the Toyos or Nittos super thick? These cheap ass Procomps I have are really thick as opposed to the KM2's I had before and it actually makes seating a ring next to impossible.

Unfortunately, your problem isn't the tires having super thick beads - your problem is with your bead locks. If you try installing a set of tires on an ATX Slab or Chamber Pro II, I think you would find it to be a lot easier.

JAGS

Hooked
Moby is going to look SICK(er)!!! :rock: I'm not sure what you're thoughts are comparatively, but I really look the look of the 13.5s with the new Toyos. And those CPIIs....jealous...:yup:

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
WooHoo!! They're finally in!!

As some of you may know, we had been trying to get our hands on a set of 40" Nitto Trail Grappler for some time now but apparently, there simply aren't any to be had anywhere. .....

How many miles were you guys able to get out of the Nittos?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Moby is going to look SICK(er)!!! :rock: I'm not sure what you're thoughts are comparatively, but I really look the look of the 13.5s with the new Toyos. And those CPIIs....jealous...:yup:

Actually, we really LOVE the "look" of 15.50's but the 13.50's are a more practical width and better for off roading.

How many miles were you guys able to get out of the Nittos?

Not anywhere close to as much as we would have liked - maybe only 30,000 before we started looking for a replacement but, the rubber on them is sticky and excellent on the rocks. It's actually entirely possible that these new Toyo may not do much better being that they are so similar to the Nittos.

Very nice addition!!
I like them.

Thanks! Going back to basics :yup:

Top Bottom