Nitto Exo Grappler AWT - All Weather Tire

MTG

Caught the Bug
If these offer anywhere near the same quality and performance as the Duratrac's do they will sell like hotcakes! I wish I had known about these before I grabbed a set of Duratracs. I really like the look of these for an everyday tire that is not only great on road, but great on the trails too. Any news on pricing compared to the Duratracs? I paid right at $300 for the 315/70/17. Its nice to have a solid alternative to chose from.

If they have a sidewall as tough as their other tires, they will be much better than Duratracs. The sidewall weakness of the duratracs was my only complaint.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Just confirmed Mel did run the Nitto Exo Grappler AWT on his race rig at the last Ultra 4 race. They preformed great and he had no flats.

Here is a photo of Mel's Jeep at the race with the tires on it:

IMG951541-2_zps4b54aaac.jpg

What size tire was Mel running here?:thinking:

StrizzyChris

If they have a sidewall as tough as their other tires, they will be much better than Duratracs. The sidewall weakness of the duratracs was my only complaint.

x2....im curious of the Nitto's snow performance. If they can keep up with the duratracs with this snow rating, then their thicker sidewalls would push me all in for a winter tire that I also wouldnt have to worry about on the trail. :thumb:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
35x12.50R17 :thumb: According to Nitto's website, this size, as well as the 35x12.50R-18 and 35x12.50R-20 sizes, will be available to the public sometime next month.

Great I am over due for tires. Holding out to see when they come out. Will discount tire be in pomona for the expo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Discount Tire

I just checked our system. Not additional sizes yet. Should be any day.

I have put over 1,100 miles on the with my Dodge 3500. They ride super smooth with only a slight hum at highway speeds. I had them off road on a trail but not 4 wheeling like I would in a Jeep. So far they have been great.

IMG_6306-L.jpg

The trail was a bit muddy.

cod29er

Got my new tires out on an easy trail this weekend. I aired down to 15 PSI. nice sidewall flex. Great traction! These tires are very quiet on the road! My girlfriend and I were able to carry on a conversation on the way to the trail without yelling. I'm looking forward to checking out snow traction this winter.

Attachments

• image-2739767068.jpg
    image-2739767068.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 323
  • image-1935496390.jpg
    image-1935496390.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 329
  • image-3726221689.jpg
    image-3726221689.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 335

cod29er

Went out Saturday on a 60 mile run. Get close to the end of the day and hadn't done a poser shot, so drove up in an old tree stump. The ground was soft and filled the tread of the tires. When I backed down off of the stump the dirt that had been in the tread fell out.

Attachments

• image-1637595260.jpg
    image-1637595260.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 295
  • image-1873685454.jpg
    image-1873685454.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 294

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Looks like we finally have a contenter to compare with the Duratracs. I would be curious to know how these sidewalls compare to the E rated Duratracs (thicker sidewalls than the C or D rated)....looks wise I love em. Im also amazed that no one mentioned the fact that these tires have side lugs with two "reversible" designs on them...one side mimics the trail grappler while the other mimics the mud grappler. Looks like a badass tire, and I will certainly give these a serious look when it comes time to replace my beloved Duratracs. The only thing Im not too thrilled about is they don't offer them in 15 and 16" sizes. IMHO, that's where the meat of the duratrac market is.

Top Bottom