No Rear Bumper?

REKLESS-RED

Its official...I'm going with the naked rear, EVO D ring kit, and now the only question is if i go with a tire carrier or not. If so, which one, Or-Fab, Crawler Conceptz, AEV, or fork out the big bucks and get the EVO?

Rooster jk

Its official...I'm going with the naked rear, EVO D ring kit, and now the only question is if i go with a tire carrier or not. If so, which one, Or-Fab, Crawler Conceptz, AEV, or fork out the big bucks and get the EVO?

Dont forget genright.....love mine

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
haven't had a rear bumper in 2 years, I don't really care for the evo rear plate because you lose the ability to mount reverse lights on the cross member. It looks great but I'd rather have the extra room.

Bumping an old thread, sorry. I'm wondering how folks mounted their LED's on the rear crossmember. Any drilling needed or just used the existing holes?

I mounted my lights in the Evo rear fascia, rigid flush SRM's , was tight but they fit like a champ

View attachment 137305

The Evo rear fascia comes with two holes on top specifically for mounting lights to. Here's how mine came out:

IMG_0645.jpg

JRied

I would've loved the Evo rear but where I live prevented it. Too many idiots that don't know how to drive and many that dont have insurance. Feared getting rear ended would damage the frame without the extra protection a bumper provides.

JohnnyD

What the stock bumper?? No protection it's just plastic...literally just plastic...that still floors me

But if you have an aftermarket I understand...that said they all connected anyway but personal choice....I like many aftermarket bumpers, but just so happens this suits me betta....

JRied

What the stock bumper?? No protection it's just plastic...literally just plastic...that still floors me

But if you have an aftermarket I understand...that said they all connected anyway but personal choice....I like many aftermarket bumpers, but just so happens this suits me betta....

Lol no I have a jcr rear stubby... Front is a smitty stinger until I upgrade

MIURA

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

Bumping an old thread, but how are you guys bolting up the LED cubes to the rear without the Evo fascia? I tried looking for a right up on how it was done on Moby or rubiCAT but I haven't been able to find anything...
By drilling two holes in the rear crossmember....

MIURA

By drilling two holes in the rear crossmember....

you cant use the already existing holes? I was planning on getting a long enough bolt to screw from the bottom to the top/lights..

also, is there a need to run an inline fuse for these? I'm gonna run them to my A pillar switches and to the battery

GR8WHITE

you cant use the already existing holes? I was planning on getting a long enough bolt to screw from the bottom to the top/lights..

also, is there a need to run an inline fuse for these? I'm gonna run them to my A pillar switches and to the battery
If there are already holes why not use them. I just didn't really remember if there were already holes in it or not...

My Rigid duallys came with a wiring harness that already had an in line fuse...

n3tfury

I just did mine today. On the 2014 rear crossmember, the passenger side top hole has another hole directly beneath it. On the driver's side, you'll need to drill one for the bottom. I did just what you are talking about - long bolt, washers, nut. Can't help ya with the fuse question though, I have an SPOD.

Attachments

• Rear Lights0.jpg
    Rear Lights0.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Rear Lights1.jpg
    Rear Lights1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

MIURA

I just did mine today. On the 2014 rear crossmember, the passenger side top hole has another hole directly beneath it. On the driver's side, you'll need to drill one for the bottom. I did just what you are talking about - long bolt, washers, nut. Can't help ya with the fuse question though, I have an SPOD.

yup that's the picture i saw on the other thread, i'll be doing the same thing tomorrow and i'll be buying an inline fuse tomorrow as well

choosingtangent

EVO D Rings

here is a shot of mine with the EVO fascia. I trimmed the frame rails as well so it would fit flush. I had just thrown the plate on to drive to the store...lol 20150225_163329.jpg

Top Bottom