No Rear Bumper?

fadeout

haven't had a rear bumper in 2 years, I don't really care for the evo rear plate because you lose the ability to mount reverse lights on the cross member. It looks great but I'd rather have the extra room.
IMG_20130724_060849_zps5805d3de.jpg

n3tfury

Bumping an old thread, sorry. I'm wondering how folks mounted their LED's on the rear crossmember. Any drilling needed or just used the existing holes?

n3tfury

I should have specified rear auxiliary lighting, but that setup you have is ingenious for a third brake light.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Bumping an old thread, sorry. I'm wondering how folks mounted their LED's on the rear crossmember. Any drilling needed or just used the existing holes?

There are some holes in the rear crossmember that you could use but they would require some large washers since the hold are pretty big and oval. I chose to drill new holes and tap them with threads so I could just screw the lights in instead of trying to get a nut on the inside of the crossmember.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428894657.857488.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428894670.503026.jpg

n3tfury

There are some holes in the rear crossmember that you could use but they would require some large washers since the hold are pretty big and oval. I chose to drill new holes and tap them with threads so I could just screw the lights in instead of trying to get a nut on the inside of the crossmember.

Yep that's the problem. The existing holes would require a washer or small bracket. Will probably just drill and thread like you. Thanks guys for the replies.

Top Bottom