No Rear Bumper?

BadAndy

To save time and pain get 2 small vice grips and come in from the front with the flag nuts. Once you do this it is easy.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
View attachment 78368

View attachment 78367

View attachment 78368

Thinking about getting the Evo D ring mounts and cover. Can anyone confirm if the cover is just a bolt on or does it need to be welded when installed? Thanks...

aldaman :beer:

As Overlander mentioned, it is in fact 100% bolt on. It does, however, differ slightly from the one pictured above. The corners are now angled to follow the lines of the cross member, as shown below on my Jeep.
SAM_0579.jpg
SAM_0594.jpg

Keep in mind, when you mount the D Ring mounts and cross member cover, the frame rails will not sit flush. Mine stuck out approximately 1/2 an inch from flush. I still think it does not look bad at all that way.
SAM_0584.jpg
SAM_0585.jpg

As an option, you can trim the frame rails to fit flush, but this is in no way necessary to use them. Trimming just make the setup more aesthetically appealing to people with OCD like me. :yup:
SAM_0587.jpg
SAM_0599.jpg
SAM_0959.jpg

I was one of the lucky ones I guess, as I was able to fit both of the wing nuts (one per side) in through the rear side of the cross member with no coercion whatsoever. They seemed to fit in the pre existing holes perfectly. I just held each one in place with a pair of needle nose pliers while I started the bolts.
SAM_0592.jpg

Last thoughts, the rear bumper fascia is way more stout than I expected. I have no doubts this thing can take a beating. It is thick, heavier than I expected and the welds are a work of art! I was going back and forth between this setup several high clearance rear bumpers and I am 100% satisfied I went this route. Hope this helps!

aldaman

AllAmericanInfidel,

When you trimmed the frame for a flush fit, Did you have to do any re enforcement welding? Nice set up. :thumb:

Thanks....

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
AllAmericanInfidel,

When you trimmed the frame for a flush fit, Did you have to do any re enforcement welding? Nice set up. :thumb:

Thanks....

I did not. I know some folks do, but honestly, its a very small amount of welds I had to cut. The welds on the bottom, top and rear are all still untouched and intact.

AllAmericanInfidel,

Thanks....

When I cut to flush mount my d ring mounts, welding was necessary. Everybody's frame is different but it wasn't too much work. Where the majority of the grinding was done is where the welds had to be made.
4asesume.jpg

aldaman

I did not. I know some folks do, but honestly, its a very small amount of welds I had to cut. The welds on the bottom, top and rear are all still untouched and intact.

When I cut to flush mount my d ring mounts, welding was necessary. Everybody's frame is different but it wasn't too much work. Where the majority of the grinding was done is where the welds had to be made.

Top Bottom