NORCAL: Rubicon Run - October 1-4

JK_Epidimick

Burning oil real bad, the lost the cam shaft, cylinder 4 / 6 heads, retainer rings, etc. basically running on 4 cylinders for a short while. They fixed but it's still burning tons of oil.

They lost the cam shaft.... What. I also wonder if one of the Pistons are cracked or the oil ring fried to be burning through. Upgrade might be sooner than expected?

big dr

Ya the cam shaft was completely broke :(

If they don't warranty a new 3.6 there will be a swap.

If I remember correctly, you don't have any internal mods to the engine. If they don't warranty, I'd like to know what the reason would be. Your lift/tires in no way put more stress on the cam shaft. All it does is turn. If it was your crank shaft,, I could see the refusal to warranty. It will be interesting to see how this goes. Good luck Jason!

If I remember correctly, you don't have any internal mods to the engine. If they don't warranty, I'd like to know what the reason would be. Your lift/tires in no way put more stress on the cam shaft. All it does is turn. If it was your crank shaft,, I could see the refusal to warranty. It will be interesting to see how this goes. Good luck Jason!

The only "mod" is my CAI due to the PSC res. outside of that I have not touched anything.

Top Bottom