Northridge4x4 - REMOVED AS A VENDOR

I have yet to buy from trail jeeps, but deff will in the future, just wish they had a website. Im spoiled I know.

Yeah, I wish they would change their website to suit me also. Lol. Seriously though, I do wish you could look at more items on there.

Yeah, I wish they would change their website to suit me also. Lol. Seriously though, I do wish you could look at more items on there.

Just call and talk to Tim. He will tell you everything they carry and if you have any build questions he can give you some ideas on what to do as well.

Ok, I admit I'm a little slow on the uptake here. I made a bad assumption the last Northridge JKX was produced with the blessings of Cindy & Eddie.:doh: Good business ethics dictate nothing less. Sorry to hear the ongoing JKX vids are essentially pirated knockoffs. They were improving but I won't miss them given the circumstances. As far as the other major JKX participating sponsors, that will play out with time. I'd be pissed to.

Ok, I admit I'm a little slow on the uptake here. I made a bad assumption the last Northridge JKX was produced with the blessings of Cindy & Eddie.:doh: Good business ethics dictate nothing less. Sorry to hear the ongoing JKX vids are essentially pirated knockoffs. They were improving but I won't miss them given the circumstances. As far as the other major JKX participating sponsors, that will play out with time. I'd be pissed to.

This really has nothing to do with JKX. It has to do with Northridge using Eddie's forum to pimp their videos. That's all there is to it. Not the quality, not the event, not the style, just the fact they are using Eddie to pimp themselves.

This really has nothing to do with JKX. It has to do with Northridge using Eddie's forum to pimp their videos. That's all there is to it. Not the quality, not the event, not the style, just the fact they are using Eddie to pimp themselves.

Got it. I've only seen their JKX vids so figured that was what it was about. Either way it's a good move.

Just looked NR4x4 up on YouTube and man they really tried to be like Eddie and Cindy on there video. It's just not the same. They sound phony and scripted.

Learning about what happened and watching the video I can't believe I bought my bumper and level kit from them. I feel like I helped support people pretending to be what they really aren't - a stand up company.

Why didn't Eddie do the filmography of this year's JKX anyway? He's always done it in the past and did a great job with it.

Northridge4x4 - Removed as a Vendor

It was a shitty video. I didn't read all this stuff until after I watched it. Definitely a rip off. It also didn't really cover anything about the trail that they were on, just glimpses. Which sucks because I grew up in South Dakota and wanted to see hi def wheeling in the Black Hills.

The thing I liked the most about the previous JKX videos and all of the WAL videos is how in depth they go and the sheer volume of footage. Very disappointed in this video for multiple reasons.

Why didn't Eddie do the filmography of this year's JKX anyway? He's always done it in the past and did a great job with it.

Can you imagine having to drive all across the US, with nothing but one or two cameras, fliming it all yourselves while wheeling. Then having to edit and post it before the next one? Not to mention, doing it all for free? I'm guessing that's why they opted to not participate in this year JKX that was spead out over three different locations.

Eddie and Cindy always put out top quality videos and they put them out for free. They do that because they have a passion for what they do. Unlike NR who only cares about the dollar. That evidence is in their worthless videos and they will never see a dime from me again.

Can you imagine having to drive all across the US, with nothing but one or two cameras, fliming it all yourselves while wheeling. Then having to edit and post it before the next one? Not to mention, doing it all for free? I'm guessing that's why they opted to not participate in this year JKX that was spead out over three different locations.

Eddie and Cindy always put out top quality videos and they put them out for free. They do that because they have a passion for what they do. Unlike NR who only cares about the dollar. That evidence is in their worthless videos and they will never see a dime from me again.

Eddie and Cindy's videos are definitely the BEST Jeep JK videos that show what these machines can do, and the way of life that goes along with it.

I will say I have purchased almost all my mods from Northridge, now I plan on looking elsewhere for the next mods I want to do, it is a shame as they use to be a really good place to purchase mods. The last couple things I have ordered from there have been missing or have broken items when received. It's a damn shame it really is.

What Mr.Ty said. Eddie and Cindy decided not to do jkx because it was now a 3 part event and would take away from doing what they love which is explore. This would me they wouldn't be able to drive around and get these sick shots of the arrows, do another WAL rubicon run, end of summer camping trip, and so on and so on.

I called and Talked to Tim yesterday at Trail Jeeps and will be ordering both front and rear bumpers plus the tire carrier from them today. Tim was very helpful on the phone helping Me out with everything. I will be buying a lot more stuff from them here soon. A Winch is next on the list, but I had to do a little at a time so the wife did not kill Me :brows:

Oh, it's safe to say stealing his style and then pumping it on the forum was a big reason to give him the kick.

#getyourfactsstraightasshole

While I can fully understand why Eddie has chosen this path, I’m going to stick with NR.

I get the video argument; they are a step down in quality. Over time I would assume they will get better and branch of in their own creative direction. But I can see why for the 1st videos they emulated Eddie, they are outstanding. And imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

I’m sure TJ’s is a great shop, but I have built a level of trust with Oliver and Tim at the CO store.
They have never messed up on my order, or tried to upsell me. In fact, they have down sold me which was a huge surprise, but greatly appreciated. They even assist in picking up my Jeep and then they bring it back that night when finished, which to me is excellent customer service.

Not trying to engage in a pissing contest here, just stating my own personal experience with NR.

:beer:

It was a shitty video. I didn't read all this stuff until after I watched it. Definitely a rip off. It also didn't really cover anything about the trail that they were on, just glimpses. Which sucks because I grew up in South Dakota and wanted to see hi def wheeling in the Black Hills.

The thing I liked the most about the previous JKX videos and all of the WAL videos is how in depth they go and the sheer volume of footage. Very disappointed in this video for multiple reasons.

This! and I'm not saying this to pump up Eddie and Cindy. The video was pretty shitty (and it was very obviously a really bad attempt at copying the style of their videos.)

Half way through the Northridge video I was thinking "So, will there be actually off roading in your off roading video?"

While I can fully understand why Eddie has chosen this path, I’m going to stick with NR.

I get the video argument; they are a step down in quality. Over time I would assume they will get better and branch of in their own creative direction. But I can see why for the 1st videos they emulated Eddie, they are outstanding. And imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

I’m sure TJ’s is a great shop, but I have built a level of trust with Oliver and Tim at the CO store.
They have never messed up on my order, or tried to upsell me. In fact, they have down sold me which was a huge surprise, but greatly appreciated. They even assist in picking up my Jeep and then they bring it back that night when finished, which to me is excellent customer service.

Not trying to engage in a pissing contest here, just stating my own personal experience with NR.

:beer:

Your missing the point of why they are no longer a vendor here. They ripped off eddies style AND used his forum to pimp there "new format". I'm sure Eddie is not flattered at all by this. If he was they might still be here.

As for customer service no one is asking you to switch but many people, like myself, have already switched and will switch due to this as this is the last straw for some. A lot of us constantly get shipped with missing parts, no shipping info, etc.

Top Bottom