Northridge4x4 - REMOVED AS A VENDOR

DRTYRAT30

Not trying to bash but this has been my recent experience with NR4x4. They had Ace bumper month in September with a decent deal on a set front and rear bumpers with Tire swing and LEDs. So I ordered middle of September. Now it's almost end of November and I still haven't got all my order. They blame the vendors for delay.. Well then don't put on a promotion with zero inventory and over 9 weeks out on shipping. I also have spent well over $5k with them in last 6 months. Time to find another store..

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I think a lot of people can say that Matt but are to afraid to come out and say it. Thanks for being honest about it.

I came from TJ world so I already had a place to buy TJ stuff. I purchased 2 items from them for the JK and only heard of the place from the forum as well. I'll reserve my comments since I purchased so little.

Thx1158

They got my order right and corrected an issue I had with a second order before it shipped. That's just my experience with them. I did find them through this forum.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Look I understand some people enjoy themselves some Northridge, but this thread is to point out the fact they were removed as a vendor here for various reasons. Let's not forget they made a wannabe WAL video then tried to pimp it here. :rolleyes:

Please standby I will be posting the 10Frank9 4x4 Black Friday specials on Northridge's Facebook page! Exclusive deals on all things EVO, PSC and KMC Slabs!!!

Cencal

I'm a little confused.
Everyone keeps talking about how much this forum "helped" them.

Am I wrong in thinking that NR paid to be here?

As a business why not cut out the middle man.

Why pay someone else to do what I can do myself for less?

It's just business no?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm a little confused.

Am I wrong in thinking that NR paid to be here?

As a business why not cut out the middle man.

Why pay someone else to do what I can do myself for less?

It's just business no?

I'm guessing you haven't been around the Jeep JK world for a long time.

Cencal

Long enough.

I love the videos Eddie produces

I see the similarities

But to me they're similar but not at all the same.

Bottom line is business is business.

I dgaf about NR but I can see both sides.

JokerJKU

Please standby I will be posting the 10Frank9 4x4 Black Friday specials on Northridge's Facebook page! Exclusive deals on all things EVO, PSC and KMC Slabs!!!

You're a paid advertiser on Northridge's facebook page? Otherwise, you're absolutely comparing apples to oranges.

Eddie absolutely has the right to remove a sponsor that is advertising in a manner he doesn't support, but your comparison is flat out foolish.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
You're a paid advertiser on Northridge's facebook page? Otherwise, you're absolutely comparing apples to oranges.

Eddie absolutely has the right to remove a sponsor that is advertising in a manner he doesn't support, but your comparison is flat out foolish.

This was a joke ;)

TFD

I thought his comparison was spot on

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm a little confused.

Fact of the matter is rewind 7 or 8 years ago, nobody knew who Dave or NR4x4 was. Eddie helped build them up through his relationships and the forums HE built. But never mind that since all that matters is the business relationships right?

It was a joke and quite frankly it isn't apples to oranges. NR4x4 is a parts vendor and shop. They are now in the video business and were using this site to promote it. What exactly are you missing?

albertmald9

Fact of the matter is rewind 7 or 8 years ago, nobody knew who Dave or NR4x4 was. Eddie helped build them up through his relationships and the forums HE built. But never mind that since all that matters is the business relationships right?

It was a joke and quite frankly it isn't apples to oranges. NR4x4 is a parts vendor and shop. They are now in the video business and were using this site to promote it. What exactly are you missing?

I disagree. Northridge has been around and very popular in other communities. Each forum has helped, WAL is not solely responsible for their success. Lots of people knew who NR4x4 was before this forum. I'm sure new relationships with and through WAL have helped, but they've been widely known and supported on various other platforms for years.

It is apples to oranges because like you said, NR4x4 is a parts vendor and shop, WAL is an automotive forum. Neither are in the video production business. NR pays to promote their business on this site. WAL accepts money from vendors to promote them on this site. Sure the video may have rubbed Eddie and others the wrong way, but apples to apples would be if NR started their own forum and tried to take members from here. Such loose analogies have been thrown around - fucking your wife in your own house, selling shit in your shop. In all fairness, there's nothing proprietary about narrating an expedition/outdoor documentary style video. Expedition Overland has been doing that for years and it can be said that NR copied them, too. Expedition Overland, Eddie, and NR just applied this style of filming to our sport.

Now before the flame brigade sets out and attacks, I'll say that I'm not disagreeing with Eddie or agreeing with NR. NR should have made sure posting that video was okay with Eddie - his house, his rules. Outside of that, it is a company promoting themselves on a forum they pay money to promote themselves on. Something I'm sure they regret now considering the business they'll lose.

/rant.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I disagree. Northridge has been around and very popular in other communities. Each forum has helped, WAL is not solely responsible for their success. Lots of people knew who NR4x4 was before this forum. I'm sure new relationships with and through WAL have helped, but they've been widely known and supported on various other platforms for years.

It is apples to oranges because like you said, NR4x4 is a parts vendor and shop, WAL is an automotive forum. Neither are in the video production business. NR pays to promote their business on this site. WAL accepts money from vendors to promote them on this site. Sure the video may have rubbed Eddie and others the wrong way, but apples to apples would be if NR started their own forum and tried to take members from here. Such loose analogies have been thrown around - fucking your wife in your own house, selling shit in your shop. In all fairness, there's nothing proprietary about narrating an expedition/outdoor documentary style video. Expedition Overland has been doing that for years and it can be said that NR copied them, too. Expedition Overland, Eddie, and NR just applied this style of filming to our sport.

Now before the flame brigade sets out and attacks, I'll say that I'm not disagreeing with Eddie or agreeing with NR. NR should have made sure posting that video was okay with Eddie - his house, his rules. Outside of that, it is a company promoting themselves on a forum they pay money to promote themselves on. Something I'm sure they regret now considering the business they'll lose.

/rant.

We are not talking about this forum. I dont know all of the history, but dont forget that Eddie started JK-Forum which im sure is where they really got their start. I ordered a lot from them due to them being on there and a big part on here with the great deals and horrible service and shipping times.

albertmald9

We are not talking about this forum. I dont know all of the history, but dont forget that Eddie started JK-Forum which im sure is where they really got their start. I ordered a lot from them due to them being on there and a big part on here with the great deals and horrible service and shipping times.

I'm aware of that, I'm sure all JK platforms tremendously helped NR grow. But they've existed successfully before JKs were introduced. They've been on jeeps unlimited, WF, JF, etc. pre-2007. The same can be said about those forums making them what they are. The point I was making is that the claim that nobody knew who NR4x4 was 7 or 8 years ago is a stretch.

lidless07X

I see a lot of credit for NR's success being given to Eddie, JKF, and Wayalife, but no credit being given to NR for Eddie's , JKF's, and Wayalife's success.

Was it not a two way street at one time ? BOTH of their success is due , in part, to the overall success of the JK.

Granted, Eddie's house, Eddie's rules.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm aware of that, I'm sure all JK platforms tremendously helped NR grow. But they've existed successfully before JKs were introduced. They've been on jeeps unlimited, WF, JF, etc. pre-2007. The same can be said about those forums making them what they are. The point I was making is that the claim that nobody knew who NR4x4 was 7 or 8 years ago is a stretch.

This is all funny, very funny.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
I think most are missing the point .....

Bottom line is if Eddie felt they were being unethical in anyway and felt that his character and integrity are worth more then a business deal then I ride with Eddie and WAL. He's been in this business long enough to call a spade a spade and the way I see it there's plenty of places who do support this site the right way that I can choose to support. If you like NR cool but that doesn't take away from the fact of the matter.

Hobolobo

I see a lot of credit for NR's success being given to Eddie, JKF, and Wayalife, but no credit being given to NR for Eddie's , JKF's, and Wayalife's success.

Was it not a two way street at one time ? BOTH of their success is due , in part, to the overall success of the JK.

Granted, Eddie's house, Eddie's rules.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448400531.036066.jpg ..........

Top Bottom