Off road lighting

spinuck

They use the same holes but you can just put the a-pillar mount over the top of the 50 inch mount. may need longer bolts depending.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
A seal on a light fixture has nothing to do with manufacturing!!! That makes no sense!!:thinking:

OK,,, would you rather buy a product with enough quality control from the factory that the proper seal is there,, or from a company that cant get the seal correct? In addition to that point,, Combat lights come with a GORE valve, which is an expensive little piece which allows for atmospheric equalization without allowing in moisture. I don't believe earlier products from the competition had this; although I do believe they now do. I don't claim to be an expert, but when I see water inside a light housing just from being parked outside overnight,, I don't want that light on my jeep.

I get you're sponsored by combat and that's ok, to each their own, but to say rigid is shit because of a little seal leak is just bad information.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Honestly I would buy trucklite headlights before any light bar. Not only is it crazy bright but it's also street legal. I've got Trucklite's and a pair of rigid Duallys and just recently added a 10" light bar that didn't actually add much more light. The trucklite's are so bright on high beams that I think it will take at least a 20" led bar before you get much more light.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Honestly I would buy trucklite headlights before any light bar. Not only is it crazy bright but it's also street legal. I've got Trucklite's and a pair of rigid Duallys and just recently added a 10" light bar that didn't actually add much more light. The trucklite's are so bright on high beams that I think it will take at least a 20" led bar before you get much more light.

yeah definitely add trucklites first.

Agreed!

I rarely run my D2s because of how bright the truck lights are. :thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I understand the LED craze for a lot of reasons, but I just don't feel like they throw very far. (I'm talking about rigid's and similar windshield lights, not headlights).

Tanner505

I get you're sponsored by combat and that's ok, to each their own, but to say rigid is shit because of a little seal leak is just bad information.

I agree with overlanderjk on this and keep in mind that trucklite owns rigid now and if rigid was shit then they wouldn't have cheese dick companies copying all their products, just my opinion :-D

big dr

I agree with overlanderjk on this and keep in mind that trucklite owns rigid now and if rigid was shit then they wouldn't have cheese dick companies copying all their products, just my opinion :-D

Can anyone,,, please,,, show me where I EVER said Rigid was shit???? That never happened anywhere,, I know this because I never said it. I'v owned Rigid lights on my Jeep, my side x side (when I owned one) and an off road M/C. I never had a problem with them not working or providing enough light. I have just had the opportunity to see direct comparisons to both products, and have an educated opinion which I shared at the OP's request. I also respect others opinions, but would prefer you not quote things I have NEVER said.:beer:

Ps. It was not a seal leak that caused the water in the housing of the Rigid. It was condensation. Just like a windshield isn't leaking when it gets fogged up on the inside.

Pss. Overlander,,, If you would like to apologize for misquoting me, I'll accept it. But I would rather you just buy me a beer at the suds and grub;)

Last edited:

Speeddmn

Im about to install some TruckLites this week, id like to add a bar eventually. Since I haven't held an led bar in my hands, are the mounting bolts adjustable or fixed?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Can anyone,,, please,,, show me where I EVER said Rigid was shit???? That never happened anywhere,, I know this because I never said it. I'v owned Rigid lights on my Jeep, my side x side (when I owned one) and an off road M/C. I never had a problem with them not working or providing enough light. I have just had the opportunity to see direct comparisons to both products, and have an educated opinion which I shared at the OP's request. I also respect others opinions, but would prefer you not quote things I have NEVER said.:beer:

Ps. It was not a seal leak that caused the water in the housing of the Rigid. It was condensation. Just like a windshield isn't leaking when it gets fogged up on the inside.

Pss. Overlander,,, If you would like to apologize for misquoting me, I'll accept it. But I would rather you just buy me a beer at the suds and grub;)

If there is moisture on the inside there is a leak. And you're right you didn't say verbatim rigid is shit.

big dr

If there is moisture on the inside there is a leak.

This is still incorrect. Condensation is caused by differences in air temp inside and outside the case. This temp difference allows the air inside and outside to expand/contract at different levels, therefore affecting the ability for the gas(air) to hold moisture(water); this is when condensation takes place. If there were a leak in a seal,, like if I drilled a hole in the lexan lens of the light, the temperature exchange from inside to outside would occur much faster and achieve equilibrium. Condensation would then not occur.

... And it wasn't just one light bar I saw this on,, it was almost every one I walked by on this particular morning of the show.

Furthermore ,, you are right,,I didn't "verbatim" say rigid was shit,,,, I didn't even insinuate it.

Last edited:

darthmurdoch

This is still incorrect. Condensation is caused by differences in air temp inside and outside the case. This temp difference allows the air inside and outside to expand/contract at different levels, therefore affecting the ability for the gas(air) to hold moisture(water); this is when condensation takes place. If there were a leak in a seal,, like if I drilled a hole in the lexan lens of the light, the temperature exchange from inside to outside would occur much faster and achieve equilibrium. Condensation would then not occur.

... And it wasn't just one light bar I saw this on,, it was almost every one I walked by on this particular morning of the show.

Furthermore ,, you are right,,I didn't "verbatim" say rigid was shit,,,, I didn't even insinuate it.

Overlander has issues, unless your in on his snarky cynicism your an asshole.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Overlander has issues, unless your in on his snarky cynicism your an asshole.

Haha! I believe it is you who has issues with me. Since you provide nothing to the community but seem to have a hard on for me.

Funny thing is you're the only one who is butt hurt about this.

Top Bottom