Off road lighting

big dr

Cree LEDs are a great product and are the choice of many of the high end manufactures. A positive for them is they are MADE IN USA. Some people believe Osrams are the best LED produced, but it is a german company and the production is somewhere in the far east, although I forget the exact country. Lighting will continue to get brighter and more reliable as technology advances. They are already on the 4th or 5th generation of LED chips, and they are increasing lumens while reducing heat at the same time.

OscarMike2.0

This is a ridiculous statement,,, Is Baja Designs trash too? Vision X? Or are they your exceptions list? There a lot of trophy truck and class 1 guys who might disagree with you,, but what do they know?

These would be the exceptions I'm talking about and of them rigid is my personal preference. I've seen my fair share of offbrand LEDs fail.

P1TBU11

So, as far as halogens are concerned, how are the Hella 500s? I just picked up a set of three for cheap. Thinking of mounting driving lights on windshield mounts and center of mopar light bar and floods on outsides of mopar light bar.

big dr

So, as far as halogens are concerned, how are the Hella 500s? I just picked up a set of three for cheap. Thinking of mounting driving lights on windshield mounts and center of mopar light bar and floods on outsides of mopar light bar.

I dont have any experience with the Hella 500,, But I had a set of 4 Hellas on my toyota truck back in the 80's,, Over the course of 5 years not one of them ever failed! That was back when the lens' were actually made of glass! I'm sure Hella is still a quality product, and the bottom line is,, any extra light you can get on your Jeep is advantageous!:thumb:

hunterz16z

I've got the 4.5" vision X canons these things are amazing I've also got an eBay 50" light bar it's alright I like the flood beam on it though

Attachments

• 1427939020974.jpg
    1427939020974.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 183

ctlazer5

I would just like to add my input and comments to the fact that I have the JW headlights and fog lights and I can honestly say I am thoroughly impressed and pleased with how bright these things are. I do not even feel the need to use my high beams at all. I know the price point is not ideal on them but I would recommend them to anyone. Just my 2cents. Easy install as well.

ctlazer5

Okay guys I need some help and advice here. Now that I have the JW headlights and fogs I think it might be time to replace my KC's that I have. Not only are they yellow light and not white but they really rant functional against my headlights. With that said I am looking at some options for LED lighting and I am kind of between Rigid and Vision X. Both are great quality, both are not cheap but Vision X's prices are quite a bit more but the light output is pretty amazing. What are your thoughts? Any other suggestions? As always thanks for all of the help.

ThunderCAT

I have warn sbd duel beam...spot/driving lights mounted up near windshield
iPF driving lights mounted on aev front bumper by winch
Piaa crystal ion yellow colored driving lights over top the IPF lights.
I have a rigid industries Q series driving/diffuse patter light between the piaa lights...
Each light works well for what I need.
The warns and iPF are used for my long range...and damn they are very very bright
The yellow tint piaa lights are amazing for dirty trails at night and in fog.
My rigid industries is amazing for just lighting the hell out of everything in front of me...they work well in terms of the driving latter....but led throws light well wher as my warns and iPF lights do so good at distance.

P1TBU11

I got a set of Truck-Lites and I'm happy with the difference. Picked up a set of Hella HID conversions as well but they arrived damaged, so I haven't been able to use those.

Top Bottom