Offroad Evolution shop thread!

Question Drew, when you weld the bracket / mounts to the axle tubes are you guys running one long bead or stiching it? Just wondering if it is one continuous how do you control the heat? Always trying to gather more info if possible.

Thanks

:cheesy: Maybe I'm way off here but, are you still hung up over the truss thread? You do know that these are BRACKETS that are being welded onto specific points on an axle and NOT a truss that extends along the length of a VERY LONG and THIN axle tube, right?

If I remember correctly. The cost to have them manufactured was really expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What was the advantage to the envy links? From all I could tell they were just nice and pretty.

Sent from my phone?

Hey Drew no word yet from that guy about the coils so it looks like I'm going new PUT THE ORDER IN BRO!!! LOL

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

New arms will be needed if you flex out too much. The flex of the coilovers will blow out the stock arms.

Sent from my phone?

New arms will be needed if you flex out too much. The flex of the coilovers will blow out the stock arms.

Sent from my phone?

Not really, the factory arms will hold up fine. You do need a set of front lowers for caster adjustment

Sorry guys, I'm a nubie... what is a "DTD"?

short for the EVO double throw down suspension

Although Off Road Evolution and EVO mfg did not invent the Double Throw Down suspension setup, they were the first to perfect it for the daily driver jeep, especially the JK. Double Throw Down suspensions originated in the world of Open Desert Baja racing and Sand Cars and have migrated to our world of full spectrum jeeping

DTD is basically any coilover shock that is paired with another bypass shock at each corner of the vehicle. Bypass shocks have externally adjustable compression and rebound settings and come in 2 tube, 3 tube, 4, 5, and even 6 tube bodies. Below is a picture of the most common DTD in the jeep world, the EVO DTD.

image-4085473997.jpg

image-4035708694.jpg

image-3202119339.jpg

Although Off Road Evolution and EVO mfg did not invent the Double Throw Down suspension setup, they were the first to perfect it for the daily driver jeep, especially the JK. Double Throw Down suspensions originated in the world of Open Desert Baja racing and Sand Cars and have migrated to our world of full spectrum jeeping

DTD is basically any coilover shock that is paired with another bypass shock at each corner of the vehicle. Bypass shocks have externally adjustable compression and rebound settings and come in 2 tube, 3 tube, 4, 5, and even 6 tube bodies. Below is a picture of the most common DTD in the jeep world, the EVO DTD.

View attachment 65626

View attachment 65627

View attachment 65628

like i said MR GCM2... the most awesome thing to bless jeeps in the history of jeepdom :thumb:

Top Bottom