Offroad Evolution shop thread!

Although Off Road Evolution and EVO mfg did not invent the Double Throw Down suspension setup, they were the first to perfect it for the daily driver jeep, especially the JK. Double Throw Down suspensions originated in the world of Open Desert Baja racing and Sand Cars and have migrated to our world of full spectrum jeeping

DTD is basically any coilover shock that is paired with another bypass shock at each corner of the vehicle. Bypass shocks have externally adjustable compression and rebound settings and come in 2 tube, 3 tube, 4, 5, and even 6 tube bodies. Below is a picture of the most common DTD in the jeep world, the EVO DTD.

View attachment 65626

View attachment 65627

View attachment 65628

In short...the perfect off-roading suspension!

In short...the perfect off-roading suspension!

Well, its the perfect suspension for me and my style of wheeling and location.....and it also is perfect for anyone else that is into going really fast over rough terrain. For most people a traditional coil spring lift is actually pretty damn good and will suffice, its just not very pretty to look at and and you cannot even see it without crawling under the rig. I personally think the EVO bolt on coilover suspension is a great in between option and is about the most suspension 90+% of the people will ever need, plus it looks damn good too. The EVO DTD is just overkill for the average wheeling monkeys who own a jeep, but it is the best there is currently available for off the shelf suspensions. Period. Some guys want the best, even if they never plan on using it to its potential and there is nothing wrong with that.

Well, its the perfect suspension for me and my style of wheeling and location.....and it also is perfect for anyone else that is into going really fast over rough terrain. For most people a traditional coil spring lift is actually pretty damn good and will suffice, its just not very pretty to look at and and you cannot even see it without crawling under the rig. I personally think the EVO bolt on coilover suspension is a great in between option and is about the most suspension 90+% of the people will ever need, plus it looks damn good too. The EVO DTD is just overkill for the average wheeling monkeys who own a jeep, but it is the best there is currently available for off the shelf suspensions. Period. Some guys want the best, even if they never plan on using it to its potential and there is nothing wrong with that.

THE master wordsmith strikes again!!! :clap2:

Well said!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn you all!!! Now I want more!!! That is the coolest $&it I have ever seen........ Dreaming large! Thanks for the explanation and illustration.

I'm glad you stated going fast on terrain with the coil over suspension bc personally I'm a sand guy...4-5 times a month and that just makes it more worth the wait (year or two).

I'm glad you stated going fast on terrain with the coil over suspension bc personally I'm a sand guy...4-5 times a month and that just makes it more worth the wait (year or two).

I'm a sand guy as well! Unfortunately as a college student I can't afford the kit haha, but one day my dreams will come true... Right now I'm just beating my jeep to pieces on the sand with my classic coil spring lift :thumb:

I'm a sand guy as well! Unfortunately as a college student I can't afford the kit haha, but one day my dreams will come true... Right now I'm just beating my jeep to pieces on the sand with my classic coil spring lift :thumb:

I'm a sophomore in college haha till then I'm in the same position...beating my 35's against the stock fenders on sand dunes

FULL RACE - EVO Spec KING 3.0 3 Tube Bypass

ore 3.0.jpg

Attachments

• ore 3.0.gif
    ore 3.0.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 901
  • 64311_10152149390173680_604770733_n.jpg
    64311_10152149390173680_604770733_n.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,836
Last edited:
Top Bottom