Offroad Evolution shop thread!

rubicrawl

Thank you, Drew!! I'm told my coilovers were picked up this morning. I sooo wish I had been there to see him stuff them in the trunk of a Hyundai, roflmao. Sure hope someone got pics.

Yeah I got a pic of them in back of my trunk I'll send you the pic when I get home :) jk

Napalm90

Is there a plan for an aluminum stinger?

Why would there be ? Aluminum is not as strong as steel And because that while wheeling if you actually need to put the stinger to its intended use it will just bend....

Sent via carrier pigeon

StrizzyChris

Why would there be ? Aluminum is not as strong as steel And because that while wheeling if you actually need to put the stinger to its intended use it will just bend....

Well that's not completely true...there are grades of aluminum that are extremely strong, but those are extremely expensive and I'm assuming that plus low demand is why an aluminum stinger will never happen.

JAGS

Hooked
For those of you who ordered the enforcer kit, about how long did it take you to receive it?

Mine was about 5 weeks, though the wait was due to King shocks being built, not the enforcer lift kit. Drew quoted six weeks, so was happy to get things done a week earlier. 👍

- Jason

Oscar35

Well that's not completely true...there are grades of aluminum that are extremely strong, but those are extremely expensive and I'm assuming that plus low demand is why an aluminum stinger will never happen.

Should I be worried now? I purchased the aluminum front bumper. Does anyone know of the grade of the new bumper? I'm assuming since it was expensive it's pretty strong... so it would be able to hold the steel stinger upon contact.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The the stinger pretty much attaches to the frame (at least the front), so it ain't going anywhere even if it's sitting on an aluminum bumper.

Sc741

If you pound your front end in the rocks and are tough on your equip then you bought the wrong bumper. If you like the look and may hit it once in a while I am sure you will be fine with the aluminum considering the respective thump it may take. IMO

I'm in the market for rocker rail skins and I'm liking the EVO ones the most.... One question though. Some of the other guys put slots in the bottom bend to allow for the curve of the body. Since no one around me has these, and I can't tell from interweb pics, I am wondering how the EVO ones handle this. It seems without the slots the bottom would buckle down some once the top is pushed in to match the arc of the JK side.

Any info/clarification is appreciated.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm in the market for rocker rail skins and I'm liking the EVO ones the most.... One question though. Some of the other guys put slots in the bottom bend to allow for the curve of the body. Since no one around me has these, and I can't tell from interweb pics, I am wondering how the EVO ones handle this. It seems without the slots the bottom would buckle down some once the top is pushed in to match the arc of the JK side.

Any info/clarification is appreciated.

honestly there is no need for the slots. mine matched the body line almost perfectly. also once bolted down it pulls the skin right to the body the rest of the way.

if i had to take a guess prob not. with all of the bolt holes it should hold it tight to the body like the 2 door.

It was actually the bottom portion I was worried about getting buckled away from the body. The bend in the skin should make the piece want to stay flat, once bolted to the Jeep something has to give to accommodate the arc of the body. (in my head anyway)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It was actually the bottom portion I was worried about getting buckled away from the body. The bend in the skin should make the piece want to stay flat, once bolted to the Jeep something has to give to accommodate the arc of the body. (in my head anyway)

yea i know what portion your talking about lol like i said mine is right on the body and even pushed all of the rtv out so i would believe that on the 4 door it would be the same or close to it

Top Bottom