Offroad Evolution shop thread!

munstie

But you think that I can pull this off? In one afternoon?
I need to get Evo up, I can't have only shirts and no parts lol
I'm buying this in 3 or. 4 weeks after I paint my fender.

Depends on how many trips you take to D.D.:D I would think you could as long as you have the tools and an extra set of hands helps as well.

Sent from the Zone of Influence

Brankz

Depends on how many trips you take to D.D.:D I would think you could as long as you have the tools and an extra set of hands helps as well.

Check and check, but I can't say about DDs lol, but I'm doing better I only been there 1 time this week :D

Oscar35

But you think that I can pull this off? In one afternoon?
I need to get Evo up, I can't have only shirts and no parts lol
I'm buying this in 3 or. 4 weeks after I paint my fender.

LOL. I'm thinking of doing this soon as well. It doesn't look to difficult. Drilling through the sheet metal is the hard thing for me. If you do yours first, post pics.

munstie

Check and check, but I can't say about DDs lol, but I'm doing better I only been there 1 time this week :D

Seems to me you get your mods done quicker than the guy with the crush 2 door. Cough cough Overlander lol

Brankz

LOL. I'm thinking of doing this soon as well. It doesn't look to difficult. Drilling through the sheet metal is the hard thing for me. If you do yours first, post pics.

You know I will :)
But I don't know if I rock the rear d rings with rear bumper plate Or this.

I'm getting all of them but littler by littler :)

Brankz

Seems to me you get your mods done quicker than the guy with the crush 2 door. Cough cough Overlander lol

Lol.... I took a year to realize that I need to start modding my jeep for reals :thumbs:

Napalm90

Quick question
How difficult is the installation of this?
View attachment 80322

It's a bitch, only did one side so far sing a tool from harbor freight and broke them both.... Messed up 2 holes so I'm gonna cut the heads of the screws and glue them in... Gonna buy a different tool and take my time with the other side.... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398397023.210081.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398397044.311958.jpg

Sent via carrier pigeon

Shawdad

This may be a silly question but what is the strength of the aluminum quarter pounder compared to the steel?

JK's JK

Banned
It's a bitch, only did one side so far sing a tool from harbor freight and broke them both.... Messed up 2 holes so I'm gonna cut the heads of the screws and glue them in... Gonna buy a different tool and take my time with the other side.... View attachment 80324 View attachment 80325

Sent via carrier pigeon

I would highly recommend this

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumatic-Tool-1442-Riveter/dp/B003TODXQW/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398619407&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=nutsert+tol

I had no problems drilling the holes with a step bit. I would also recommend that you practice first on some scrap thin steel. When you drill the holes it has to fit really snug and tap the nutsert into the hole. When you crimp the nutsert it has to be crimped and not over crimped because the material will fold over it's self but when you over crimp the material will pull it's self out of the hole. If you don't want a crappy installation I would get this tool. Also start in the very middle, then towards the back and then the front. Once those are done you can do the bottom row. On mine I had non that did not thread well. The only problem I did have was the instructions said not to drill through the second layer........Well you have to.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
quick question, is the rear track bar bracket the same on the enforcer kit as the bolt on coil over kit? enforcer looks offset and bolt on kit looks "flat". if one had an enforcer and upgraded to the bolt on coil overs, would the rear bracket clear is what i'm asking i guess

ChaosNein

quick question, is the rear track bar bracket the same on the enforcer kit as the bolt on coil over kit? enforcer looks offset and bolt on kit looks "flat". if one had an enforcer and upgraded to the bolt on coil overs, would the rear bracket clear is what i'm asking i guess

the lcg bracket is flat to clear the coilover. the standard rcc bracket will rub the c/o.

- Drew

ChaosNein

thanks for the quick reply, i saw on your website it had the standard and looked close to the coilover.
edit, it was northridge that shows the standard bracket

the lcg bracket does come with the rear kit, so it isnt something that you have to RE-buy.

- Drew

JAGS

Hooked
Just giving some props to ORE for doing some work on my rig this week. Thanks Drew, Mel, Lisa and crew! My boy really liked visiting too. 👍
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399095766.686815.jpg

- Jason

Top Bottom