Old Crusty- 1958 FC170

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
#2 is what I would expect to see on a flat fender. #1 is what I would expect to see on an FC and #3 would look pretty damn cool :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
#2 is what I would expect to see on a flat fender. #1 is what I would expect to see on an FC and #3 would look pretty damn cool :yup:

Number #1 ($169 each) is very close to what I have now. I love the aggressive look of #3. ($183 each)

I basically ruled out the military tire, but figured it was too cool to not post it up.,,

The tire cost is 3/4's of what I paid for the whole jeep!!

GCM 2

I vote #'s 2 or 3. I am thinking along the lines like Eddie, #2 is definitely a more historically correct tread and would be fitting on a "military" themed restorations, but still a very cool tire. #3 is just kind of all around different, but in a vintage turf tire kind of way. #1, well you all ready know what those look, sound and run like since you currently have a similar donut now on the FC.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I vote #'s 2 or 3. I am thinking along the lines like Eddie, #2 is definitely a more historically correct tread and would be fitting on a "military" themed restorations, but still a very cool tire. #3 is just kind of all around different, but in a vintage turf tire kind of way. #1, well you all ready know what those look, sound and run like since you currently have a similar donut now on the FC.

You're kinda old, Did you ever drive with these military tires??? Obviously they were put to the test on the beaches of Normandy, just curious how they do driving.

I would bet a number of the FC's ran them since the 4 door diesel was built for the Army.

GCM 2

You're kinda old, Did you ever drive with these military tires??? Obviously they were put to the test on the beaches of Normandy, just curious how they do driving.

I would bet a number of the FC's ran them since the 4 door diesel was built for the Army.

Yes, and again, yes. Back when we stormed the beaches at Normandy and drove these things out of the hangliders that landed in holland.......;)

Actually, only a few of the M151 (last military jeep prior to the HMMWV) and the gamma-goats I can remember driving had the tire in the #2 photo line up, this was probably mid to late 1980's. However, most of the 2 1/2 ton trucks (deuce and half) ran these tires into the really late 90's. Surprisingly it is not that bad a tire offroad or on road, fairly quiet and does ok on wet roads. Now its not anywhere near a Toyo or Nitto on any surface, but we are talking 1940's tire technology :icon_crazy: Also, the sand rails we used to run in the teams had the tire in the #1 photo (or at least something similar), so again you get mediocre performance from a tire that doesn't do anything particular great

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Thank you (seriously). The house we are buying has a very steep hill to access the back yard (where my future garage will be)

So this info really matters..

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I would pick the 3th one myself.......I'm sure Brankz would agree as well :D........what do you think Brankz....Do you concur with the 3th one?

~Woodrow~

JAGS

Hooked
I like the looks of 2 and 3. If the goal is to do something slightly different, but still look awesome, go with 3. The tread on 3 is pretty sick looking.

And congrats on the house. 👍🍻

- Jason

MTG

Caught the Bug
#4 none of the above.

What's wrong with your current set up? Run it till it blows. Just trying to save you some money. But hey what do I know?

Top Bottom