Old Crusty- 1958 FC170

Boji

Number 3 would be cool, I like the aggressiveness. But if your keeping it original in every other way i'd personally go with number 1 or 2 to keep that look. Plus they look like they'll wear better than the third one, not sure if thats a factor for you.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I would have never thought a gas cap would be so hard to find... Wtf... Finally found a decent fit. Not perfect but it'll work

Stant #35011

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399598574.048781.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Worse comes to worse, you could probably replace the filler tube with a generic aftermarket one.

GCM 2

Chris, not sure if you are still helping out at the "Fullerton" location, but if you are take a look at the fuel cap used on the two race cars (although the unlimited car may be in moab??) They are not locking caps, but seem to be fairly large. Just a though :idontknow:

Also, I was digging through some old photos and noticed the original seats used in some of my old VW Bugs might be an option for you to run in the FC. Not a perfect match, but they are low back buckets.....

http://www.google.com/search?q=low+...a=X&ei=xQZtU4r6OsTroASPxIGgAg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Chris, not sure if you are still helping out at the "Fullerton" location, but if you are take a look at the fuel cap used on the two race cars (although the unlimited car may be in moab??) They are not locking caps, but seem to be fairly large. Just a though :idontknow:

Also, I was digging through some old photos and noticed the original seats used in some of my old VW Bugs might be an option for you to run in the FC. Not a perfect match, but they are low back buckets.....

http://www.google.com/search?q=low+...a=X&ei=xQZtU4r6OsTroASPxIGgAg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Thanks, I think they are a bit larger, but I'll check it out..

Back a couple pages, I bought a set of factory FC seats, thanks for the idea though ! Just need little TLC...

See you in NorCal btw.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399654798.287386.jpg

Top Bottom