Old Crusty- 1958 FC170

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So, on the gauge you got power going to it, the sending unit attached and then the ground all connected, right? On the sending unit, you have the power lead going to the gauge and the ground attached to the frame as well but still have no signal? I'm pretty sure all the old CJ gauges use a 73 oms empty/10 oms full setting so if you had a bad ground at the sending unit, your gauge would read full. Being that you have no reading, I'd have to say that you either do not have a signal coming from the sending unit or maybe you have a bad connection at the gauge. Do you have a an aftermarket gauge that you can test things against? If not, I might recommend it.

It's not getting a signal at the gauge. I've done the tests and the sending unit tests good. I should go back through and start testing connection again. The gauge is brand new.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's not getting a signal at the gauge. I've done the tests and the sending unit tests good. I should go back through and start testing connection again. The gauge is brand new.

Does your power line have an inline fuse? If so, I would check it. I had a similar problem and turns out that when I was testing connections, I blew it. Had me scratching my head for a while :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Does your power line have an inline fuse? If so, I would check it. I had a similar problem and turns out that when I was testing connections, I blew it. Had me scratching my head for a while :crazyeyes:

I should check that again, I have a fuse box now since I rewired the truck.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Love your rig! Saw a guy in the Carolina's that had one like yours using it as his landscaping truck. I'll try to get a pic of it next time I see him.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'd love to, but I don't think the old iron would make the drive. Nor would I want to drive to Tahoe at 35 mph..

Top Bottom