Oso Build Thread

Prime8

Dave
The high pitch squeal you are hearing may be coming from the exhaust. There may be a hole or gap from all the work you did under there. That would sync up with the coasting, as gaps will whistle at certain air pressure and not all air pressures.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Interesting. That makes some sense with coasting... One more reason to get rid of the short section of flex.

A pic from this morning. Fitting, I suppose :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363438407.483520.jpg

Prime8

Try idling in neutral and slowly accelerating and decelerating in neutral and see if you can still hear the noise...

dchew

Caught the Bug
Your rig is really looking awesome. It's nice you don't have to rush it.

Boy that is so true. Especially in the winter. If I had to drive this every day in the salt it would be miserable to clean it all the time. I'm really lucky to have temporary access to another vehicle.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Went to the dealer yesterday. The howling was a loose ring cover on the rear passenger wheel bearing. Simple fix for something that had me worried. :thumb: They were able to fix the ESC light. Something associated with steering wheel center, but I will find out more today. Almost sounded like it was a whole revolution off, but I find that hard to believe. They also got the TPM sensor warning to go away, but is was right back last night, so there is still some problem there.

The brake bleeding issue is a bit more embarrassing. The rear calipers were swapped L/R, so the bleeders were not high enough to get all the air out. [And another newbie alarm goes off]. :blush:

All in all they were very good about working on the Jeep. TPM sensors and wheel bearing cover will be under warranty. The only issue the technician had was all the other techs coming over to check out Oso. He said he could hardly get anything done! :cool:

Dave

Top Bottom