Overlanding Gear

WJCO

Meme King
Jesus, one pisser in your hammock and the water to urine ratio would be 1:1. That far above my allowable water to urine ratio threshold.

Lol. I was enjoying those marketing pictures with the chicks until you chimed in.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If reality was such that it would be hot college girls in bikinis or less romping around in that thing, then it would be worth the money.

Let's get real though. The thought of Overlander and MTG splashing around in a big banana hammock pretty much makes me want to sell my Jeep and move to the big city.

WJCO

Meme King
If reality was such that it would be hot college girls in bikinis or less romping around in that thing, then it would be worth the money.

Let's get real though. The thought of Overlander and MTG splashing around in a big banana hammock pretty much makes me want to sell my Jeep and move to the big city.

:cheesy: :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug

Back to San Francisco? :idontknow:

We could have used one of these when we went camping...we had those girls in bikinis...pretty sure they didn't go to college though...and needed a bath more than a hot tub. :cheesy:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Back to San Francisco? :idontknow:

We could have used one of these when we went camping...we had those girls in bikinis...pretty sure they didn't go to college though...and needed a bath more than a hot tub. :cheesy:

All true, all true.

With those girls, it would have been a crab boil.

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

This probably deserves its own thread:

https://hydrohammock.com/

At first I thought this was a joke. I'm still not sure. Looks like you'd need a hose to fill it with. Not to much camping I know of with hose hook-ups. Unless you're at a KOA or something. Then you'd have creepy old guys coming over to see what's going on in your tubamik. Not cool.

Harley74

Got a BioLite campstove for Father's day and love it so far. Sorry for the sideways pic.

Attachments

• 1466625143744.jpg
    1466625143744.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 307

Harley74

I ordered a grand trunk skeeter beeter pro mosquito net for my son and I along with the rain fly. Just waiting for it get here.

This little gem was worth every penny. Spent a week and a half in company provided lodging. The filthy dorm rooms we're crawling with spiders. Never did get bit so I'd say it worked.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466630310.382443.jpg .
Bed condom spread out in my bag which I sprayed with repellent also. It was like camping. Only indoors. lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466630336.374797.jpg .

Harley74

This little gem was worth every penny. Spent a week and a half in company provided lodging. The filthy dorm rooms we're crawling with spiders. Never did get bit so I'd say it worked.

View attachment 209522 .
Bed condom spread out in my bag which I sprayed with repellent also. It was like camping. Only indoors. lol
View attachment 209523 .

Is it like a bed sheet that has a draw cord that in closes you completely? Just curious

Harley74

It's not perfect but it will do for now until I come up with something a little better. I got a few military creates and figured I give it try. Got to be better than just having thing in plan sight right.

Attachments

• 1466986382421.jpg
    1466986382421.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 1466986395994.jpg
    1466986395994.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 1466986413604.jpg
    1466986413604.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 1466986425485.jpg
    1466986425485.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 1466986435964.jpg
    1466986435964.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 367

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Camping season is coming, time to revive this thread. Anybody have an exped sleeping pad?

It's pricey, but I'm giving this some consideration.

View attachment 188929

Exped and Big Agnes are two of the top names in the backpacking community when it comes to sleeping pads. I personality haven't used one but hear good things about Exped in general. I use a Thermarest myself, but it's more about weight savings more than anything for me.

EDIT: Is that the MegaMat? Has an R-value of 9+? That thing will keep you way warm. The pad I use when camping in the teens only has an R-Value of 4 and it's plenty for me.

I've had a thermorest since I was 18. It's light and gets the job done. Easy to carry on a pack or in a jeep

Tough choice. I was recently in the market for a new sleep pad. I ended up going with a Big Agnes Q Core. I chose the Big Agnes over the exped because I am a side sleeper and the added thickness sounded good. View attachment 188942 .

Cons of the Big Agnes and a few other insulated air pads is how incredibly noisy they are. It will drive you and everyone else completely insane. Think of a Cheetos foil bag crinkling on steroids with every move.

Pros. It is comfortable. Light and very pack able.

I have the Nemo cosmo 30XL insulated pad. It makes 0 noise and is super nice, and allows for side sleeping. Its also pretty damn light for what it is. With the foot pad to fill it up you can get it super firm. Camped out in the desert before new years when it went down to 25 and stayed nice and warm.

View attachment 188944

Haven't tried that but ever since Cindy and I moved over to an REI Camp Bed 3.5, we've been sleeping more comfortably that ever before. I literally prefer it over a lot of real beds.

5c706fcc-e965-4d22-a4b0-832278b18e0f

View attachment 188961

I just picked these two up last night. My cousin let me use his during a camping trip and I was sold after that. Best sleep I've ever had while camping. What was only going to be us looking at roof rack systems for the JK turned into me buying quite a few things.

Take his advice, it's takes up a bit of room, but it's worth every penny

So, I'm in the market for a new sleeping pad. I'll need it for crashing on the floor of a plane for up to 12 hours and for base camping from a minimum of 30 days up to 60 days. I do not need it insulated, since the majority of the base camping for work will be in hot, humid jungle climates. Most of these pads seem insulated to keep you warmer. Any suggestions for a pad that will be used often and carried on a medium sized pack/72 hour bag?
There is a Patagonia and North Face store here on the island, so I'm going to check them out today. I'm definitely willing to order one as well, just need something durable, comfortable and not too heavy/cumbersome. Thanks!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I love my Exped, but it is pretty big for packing. For your purposes, I'd go with a good thermarest and a chair kit for it. The kits are small and then you get double use out of your pad.

dchotrod

I have a couple of the REI flash pads. Super light & compact as well as pretty comfy. I must admit though, I e converted to hammock camping & wont look back! But, if you don't have a place to set up, a hammock probably wouldn't be all that comfy.[emoji51]

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I love my Exped, but it is pretty big for packing. For your purposes, I'd go with a good thermarest and a chair kit for it. The kits are small and then you get double use out of your pad.

I have a couple of the REI flash pads. Super light & compact as well as pretty comfy. I must admit though, I e converted to hammock camping & wont look back! But, if you don't have a place to set up, a hammock probably wouldn't be all that comfy.[emoji51]

I use a thermarest neoair and love it. Super lightweight and small and it's thicker than most camping style sleeping pads

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely check them out. I drive to several places I thought might have camping/hiking stuff here on the island and they either didn't carry sleeping pads or the stores closed down. They need an REI or similar here lol!

Has anyone heard of or used a Klymit Static V2 or V Luxe? Curious if they are any good. I'm pretty sure after yesterday's trip I'm just going to order it online. Thanks again!

Top Bottom