Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

rogerk93

I truly hate either when someone doesn't use their signals when changing lanes or turning or can't read your signal when you are trying to change lanes or merge and they don't realize I'm in a heavy ass Jeep with 37's and wrong gears. I CANT SPEED UP YOU ASSHOLE JUST LET ME IN.

Jimmypaget

Flag decals

When people don't get the mirrored flag decals and just run two of the same decal on both sides. The blue field of the American flag is supposed to be on the left on the drivers side and on the right on the passenger side!! Just something small that erks me

JDalcour

Back the blue themes on American flags, or any theme on the American flag. An alteration is an alteration no matter what the meaning is, good or bad. My grandpa that served hates that shit too. Most vets do.
My grandpa said he didnt serve for people to put their personal agenda themes on the flag.

Jimmypaget

Back the blue themes on American flags, or any theme on the American flag. An alteration is an alteration no matter what the meaning is, good or bad. My grandpa that served hates that shit too. Most vets do.
My grandpa said he didnt serve for people to put their personal agenda themes on the flag.

What about the tactical flags? The black/gray/and white ones. I don't wanna offend any vets

TRLJNKY

What about the tactical flags? The black/gray/and white ones. I don't wanna offend any vets

Ive had both. IR flags and subdued flags non IR for uniforms. Just depends on the situation. But yes both are used in tactical environments only. Colored flags are worn on uniforms in a non tactical (garrison) setting.

Edit: Army uniform anyway

Ddays

Hooked
Campaign ads!
Damn, can we do this election early so we can get these ads off of all media platforms? Please?!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man, I saw that yesterday. How disgusting is that kind of behavior? These fucks will get off with a slap on the wrist and move on. Meanwhile, a formation that took millions of years to form and cherished by many lays in ruin.

Ain't that the truth.

Ddays

Hooked
Also, another pet peeve...Yahoo, what the fuck is its purpose anymore. Same with AOL right?

Yahoo is garbage now. I use Google exclusively so I don't have to look at the nonsensical bullshit that pollutes that site anymore. :icon_crazy:

JeepJeep75

Yahoo is garbage now. I use Google exclusively so I don't have to look at the nonsensical bullshit that pollutes that site anymore. :icon_crazy:

I stopped looking at yahoo entirely about 10 years ago. I couldn't stand all of the spelling and grammatical mistakes. That shitty site is run by drop-out grade-schoolers.

WJCO

Meme King
Fake service dogs. This seems to be a growing problem here. People that claim to have a service dog and it's really not. Or people that make up an emotional condition just so they can make their dog a service dog in order to get special privileges.

RageKage

Fake service dogs. This seems to be a growing problem here. People that claim to have a service dog and it's really not. Or people that make up an emotional condition just so they can make their dog a service dog in order to get special privileges.

I hear ya on that one. My last duty station pit bulls were prohibited on post so the family went and had them "certified" so that housing had to allow them. You could clearly see that they weren't any kind of service dog in the least. However with the emotional one I know a lot of military guys with PTSD that have service dogs based on emotional and mental conditions, so while they may not look physically disabled there is still a need for the service companion. But I completely agree don't fake it, that's what's gunna ruin it for the people that actually need them.

Ddays

Hooked

I hear ya on that one. My last duty station pit bulls were prohibited on post so the family went and had them "certified" so that housing had to allow them. You could clearly see that they weren't any kind of service dog in the least. However with the emotional one I know a lot of military guys with PTSD that have service dogs based on emotional and mental conditions, so while they may not look physically disabled there is still a need for the service companion. But I completely agree don't fake it, that's what's gunna ruin it for the people that actually need them.

Ironically I saw some yutz at our local grocery store last week walking around with a German Shepherd on a leash, no harness. Everyone was walking past this guy like, WTF is with Rin Tin Tin in the meat section? Obvious that the guys wasn't blind, no sign on the dog or anything. No one in the store could answer why he was allowed to have the dog there either. Weird. :thinking:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Rather than address all the people who show up here to raise hell one at a time on their threads I thought I could leave my opinion of them here:
They are like a Slinky toy......totally useless but somewhat amusing when you send them tumbling down the stairs.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

The real problem is that the "service" animals are not required to have any special training. I defended a case by a Vietnam Vet suing a supermarket because the manager asked to speak with him. His "service" dog was on its hind legs, licking frost off the milk cartons four feet off the ground in the dairy aisle. Then it went over and lifted its leg to piss on the stack of watermelons in the produce section. That's when the store manager intervened. The Vet stormed out with his dog and, a few weeks later, filed a 2 million dollar lawsuit against the supermarket. One million was for the "emotional distress" suffered by the dog. I got the case thrown out of court, but it still cost my client some money in my fees. Unbelievably, the dog was registered as a service animal, purportedly necessary to help this Vietnam Vet better cope with civilian life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom