Project Wife Beater.

JAGS

Hooked
Or just pony up the cash and go with the bullet proof Teraflex HD carrier?
Another question I have, what back space is 00mm and -12mm on rims? I know the -12 is less back space, but in regular old inches?

That is an offset measurment. A little different than BS. The -12 is "roughly" equal to 4.53" backspacing. It has to to do with width of rim, etc. Discount Tire posted a chart a while back I think.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
That is an offset measurment. A little different than BS. The -12 is "roughly" equal to 4.53" backspacing. It has to to do with width of rim, etc. Discount Tire posted a chart a while back I think.

Ok, I'll look for it. I hate metric system. Guessing -12mm is what I would need then..

olram30

Thanks jags, if I'm reading it right and what you said, on a 9" rim -12 is around 4.5" back space.

JKWrang

Honestly, I like that PSC tire carrier. I have never seen it before, but I think it's a great looking bumper IMHO since you posted it up. I'm definitely adding it to my list of items to compare in terms of rear carriers.

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks jags, if I'm reading it right and what you said, on a 9" rim -12 is around 4.5" back space.

Yup. That's what mine are. With 37s I was rubbing my sway bar links. With 35s you might be OK depending on your set up. I'm running spacers to clear, but I also like the slightly wider stance as a result. Not many decent wheels with 4" BS or less that aren't beadlocks.

olram30

Glad I waited, defiantly going with these. I was ready to give up. But looks like it's going to happen!

Attachments

• 1415142327449.jpg
    1415142327449.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 326

olram30

Also, just ordered a aev procal. Been having issues with the tpms on this jeep. You have to have 37 psi to shut the light and chime off. That's a lot imo. Makes for a stiff ride. Now with the weather getting colder, the psi drops to maybe 34-35 and sets the light off at start up. After it warms up and you drive a bit, they raise to 37 psi and shuts off. Plus going to need one for the tires when that happens. But my wife really doesn't like the tmps alarm.

HILLZ

Yup. That's what mine are. With 37s I was rubbing my sway bar links. With 35s you might be OK depending on your set up. I'm running spacers to clear, but I also like the slightly wider stance as a result. Not many decent wheels with 4" BS or less that aren't beadlocks.

I'm running this offset with 35's and so far I've had no issues.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Glad I waited, defiantly going with these. I was ready to give up. But looks like it's going to happen!

I just saw those on FB and was going to come post then up for you!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Update on this jeep, just placed an order! tires should be in soon, went with Goodyear mtr with Kevlar 35". Needed a tire carrier, tough choice. Wanted something tough as nails and bomb proof. So teraflex fit the bill.
Lift was an easy choice, metalcloak! 2.5" arb game changer. Can't wait for the extra flex those arms give! Quality parts only on this build.
Next, sPod to handle my electronic needs.
Rims was a tough choice, went with aev pintlers. Wanted something durable and don't want to worry about failures.
Teraflex ball joints to top it off.
I'll post pictures soon!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Update on this jeep, just placed an order! tires should be in soon, went with Goodyear mtr with Kevlar 35". Needed a tire carrier, tough choice. Wanted something tough as nails and bomb proof. So teraflex fit the bill.
Lift was an easy choice, metalcloak! 2.5" arb game changer. Can't wait for the extra flex those arms give! Quality parts only on this build.
Rims was a tough choice, went with aev pintlers. Wanted something durable and don't want to worry about failures.
I'll post pictures soon!

Oh yeah, engo winch. Almost forgot

Man, you're going with only top quality parts here.... Jealous.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'll post pictures soon!

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Nice looking jeep by the way.

I'll post pictures soon!

i actually tested my teraflex carrier with a real bomb to verify, and it got freakin destroyed. Teraflex says i lit the bomb incorrectly tho...

Top Bottom