Project Wife Beater.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I've never seen that. I can't tell how it works from those pics. Does it get welded on or use the tow hitch?

Looks like it bolts on, but evolander looks to be welded onto the bumper. If the price is too high, I'll look into making something.

Rccrwlr

That's a Evo spec thingamajig. I really don't know the name. But similar to what evolander uses to run a bigger tire on a factory carrier. Here is the original.

There is quite a thread looking for this little tid bit if information about the 37" on evolanders stock carrier. Any chance you have a link to the video the stills are from?

Edit: just found the video of ORE's Facebook page. Mel does a walk around.

Last edited:

olram30

There is quite a thread looking for this little tid bit if information about the 37" on evolanders stock carrier. Any chance you have a link to the video the stills are from?

Edit: just found the video of ORE's Facebook page. Mel does a walk around.

Not really sure if this fits the factory bumper. I had an idea using a tow hitch in the receiver and adjustable. Need more details on this.

olram30

Well, like I said. This isn't my jeep, but my wife really wanted a light bar. I really don't like the double row and the rigid single row cost a small fortune.
Make a long story short, I bought a small 13" bar for my jeep to see the quality. Not bad for 35 bucks. 1435342802038.jpg
So I decided to drop a whopping 105 bucks for a 50" one for her jeep. 1435342857212.jpg
Quality isn't bad, quite impressed. I could buy 10 of these for the price of one rigid.
Bad part is, a mount is probably going to cost more that the light bar. Really want the ps for the aluminum. But haven't decided.

Patmasterflash

I can tell you that going with the less expensive one is a good idea. I bought a 50" no-name light bar and have had no real issues with it for a year. The only thing I had to do was remove the cover and wipe out some condensation after a few months.

Alternatively, I got a 40" RIGID light bar as part of a package with my Gobi rack. It typically retails for about $1,200. So far, I can't tell any difference although it seems to be sealed better.

olram30

I can tell you that going with the less expensive one is a good idea. I bought a 50" no-name light bar and have had no real issues with it for a year. The only thing I had to do was remove the cover and wipe out some condensation after a few months.

Alternatively, I got a 40" RIGID light bar as part of a package with my Gobi rack. It typically retails for about $1,200. So far, I can't tell any difference although it seems to be sealed better.

Yeah, I've bought cheap lights before and had to take them apart and seal them up with silicone. For a hundred bucks I'll but her a new one every year. Hopefully this one lasts

Patmasterflash

Yeah, I've bought cheap lights before and had to take them apart and seal them up with silicone. For a hundred bucks I'll but her a new one every year. Hopefully this one lasts

Good call. I've recently discovered how effective silicone caulk can be. I might just start dealing everything up

Top Bottom