Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Woody3

^ cute chocolate! Bolt is a charcoal lab, that pic was over a year ago, he is almost 20 months now. I need to get a pic of both of them in the back of the jkur. Jakes tail wouldn't stop wagging on Saturday when he saw the hard top coming off the jeep :D

At 20 months your just getting past the (chew on everything) stage. Cute pups.

Ours is just finishing a diet. For some reason she packed on the weight. She's fairly active but managed to get FAT. I think my 4 year old was sneaking her snacks. Lol

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

pvanweelden

Chewing- Jake chewed up the majority of the front seats on my XJ when I left him in the back of the Jeep for 15 minutes while visiting a friend who didn't want me to bring him in their house :eek:

and one night while working at the dining room table, he chewed up all the chair legs except the one I was sitting on. he did it without making a sound.

Bolt, thankfully hasn't destroyed anything yet :D

We had Jake on somewhat of a diet, but the vet told us Bolt needed more food- he gets 4 cups a day :shock:

Jake thinks if someone holds a sandwich too low, that they are offering it to him :grayno:

I dug back a few years and found a pic of the XJ after Jake modified it :eek:
Jake-bored.jpg

Last edited:

Woody3

Thank you Paul!!! They look great!!!
u4a2eras.jpg
anavu9u2.jpg

Woody3

The pic of your XJ reminded me of my 4runner. My buddies yellow lab chewed through the rear seat belts. Lol

pvanweelden

^ thanks Joshua!
While waiting for a fellow wayalifer to drive across Nebraska to pick up the soft top I had for sale today, I decided to add an additional bracket to the rotopax mounts, coming off the factory bung for the soft top brackets. Nice and solid now. A little trimming and ready to paint.
1397246196208.jpg

1397246216325.jpg

Pic I took yesterday
1397246264794.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

That's Terrace Hill- the governors office.

Got a small start today on my next project- 4×8 sheet.
1397254974017.jpg

Cut into the 4 pieces I need :D
1397255021409.jpg

pvanweelden

Had a chance to do some bending tonight- 4 pieces bent. Making templates next. Then LOTS of cutting and drilling and recessing :D
Pretty happy with the results so far tho.
But good thing I am not in a big hurry on these.
1397607093902.jpg

BlackKnight

A ways back in the threat you mentioned the frame cover plate with the tow hitch stock mount. And that you had to grind off the nuts to fit it. Is that still true? I just ordered a Hitch and the EVO D's and plate. If so that was work I was not expecting to do this weekend :(

PS> Awesome build, great color :thumb:

RockyJk

A ways back in the threat you mentioned the frame cover plate with the tow hitch stock mount. And that you had to grind off the nuts to fit it. Is that still true? I just ordered a Hitch and the EVO D's and plate. If so that was work I was not expecting to do this weekend :(

PS> Awesome build, great color :thumb:

His is homemade, don't got to grind anything on the Evo one

pvanweelden

^ thanks Rocky! as he said, no grinding involved, simply bolt it on :thumb:

You can always do it later if you prefer seeing the clean look of bolt heads instead of the nuts with the bolts sticking thru :D

Top Bottom