Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

Doors off! Ready to go wheeling tomorrow! The hour drive will be chilly at 50 degrees in the morning, glad I have heated seats :D

1398477709968.jpg
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

^ It is the private wheeling grounds for the club that I am in. 100 acres of old strip mine located in the middle of corn fields. "If you build it, they will come" it also has a motor cross track. Today, I was there with 5 others from my club, we were giving a boy scout troop a tour and an idea of what offroading is. I guarantee they will be buying jeeps in their future :D
Another club was given access to wheel today by the land owner, they had 20 jeeps in their group, so it was very crowded, but we still had fun. I took the family in the morning, and then drove boy scouts around in the afternoon.
A couple of highlights- one guy from another club forgot he needed to lock in his hubs for 4 wheel drive :eek:
And one of the boy scouts went to climb out of the backseat of a tj and ended up getting hung up by his shirt on a knob, it left him dangling until I went and picked him up :D

GCM 2

.......I was there with 5 others from my club, we were giving a boy scout troop a tour and an idea of what offroading is. I guarantee they will be buying jeeps in their future :D

That is paying it forward :thumb: something these scouts will have memories of for life!

pvanweelden

I had been spotting some of the guys from the other club through a few of the cracks that of us regulars wouldn't ever consider needing a spot, because I saw they were picking really bad lines, when one guy started going thru Andrews crack, which when done correctly, will get you very tippy, but yet you have no where to actually tip. Your rear corner might get some damage, but you won't actually tip. I went over to spot him- and what happened next is straight from Noroad thread on here- I had the driver listening to me, but yet the trail leader for their group came and 'over ranked' me and started to bark louder. I walked away, and this is what he recommended.
1398575727686.jpg
And then this
1398575753041.jpg
None of which was necessary or recommended.
The trail leader later had the driver follow the line I was originally giving him :D
I found a pic of me in their pics on fb
1398576017309.jpg

GeckoGlow

The only picture I took.

IMG_20140426_110238_032_zps3f8ecb97.jpg

pvanweelden

Thanks Ryan!
Here's another pic, and how a 2 door does Andrews crack without any assistance :D
1398616223238.jpg
Cody going in reverse, it got interesting after this pic :D
1398616266632.jpg
Valet parking?
1398616280133.jpg

pvanweelden

I rubbed pretty good yesterday in the rear, so I made some rear bump stops.
1.5 x 3, holes are 2.5" offset.
1398633310703.jpg

xkid

^ It is the private wheeling grounds for the club that I am in. 100 acres of old strip mine located in the middle of corn fields. "If you build it, they will come" it also has a motor cross track. Today, I was there with 5 others from my club, we were giving a boy scout troop a tour and an idea of what offroading is. I guarantee they will be buying jeeps in their future :D
Another club was given access to wheel today by the land owner, they had 20 jeeps in their group, so it was very crowded, but we still had fun. I took the family in the morning, and then drove boy scouts around in the afternoon.
A couple of highlights- one guy from another club forgot he needed to lock in his hubs for 4 wheel drive :eek:
And one of the boy scouts went to climb out of the backseat of a tj and ended up getting hung up by his shirt on a knob, it left him dangling until I went and picked him up :D

Thanks.I thought it looked like a gravel pit or something.The dirt looks different. What the hell,offroading.

Last edited:

pvanweelden

Got all the notching done on the dom. And received oil pan skid, fluid film and 12 ft of rubber sheeting.
1398912109028.jpg
1398912124228.jpg

Rebel JK

Looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve there Paul! Going to do some tacking this weekend?

pvanweelden

Thanks Wes! Hopefully in the next few days I will make some more progress, very tough to find jeep time in the middle of baseball season for the boy.
I did get to use my elm 327 and torque pro to read a code from the mini, cel light came on the other day :mad: vacuum leak. Prolly will be replacing the valve cover this weekend :( poor pcv design.

Top Bottom