Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

I found some time over lunch today and got one corner cut. Disclaimer- apparently I don't cut worth a crap with a jigsaw, so these will take a lot of sanding before I am done :D
1398974887227.jpg

1398974931408.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Lol, it's kinda funny, because I felt like I was doing a good job, until I finished and you see the high and lows :D
Using the Pb blaster with the jigsaw like a water jet works good, but it does erase sharpie lines :D

pvanweelden

Thanks Hillz, if I was your neighbor, I would help ya build your own set :D

Who can guess what I am making out of these pieces?
1399089476907.jpg

pvanweelden

Here's the pieces all cleaned up- $28 is what I have into it so far, and it is something that I know my club mates headed to Moab in a few weeks would love to take with them :D
1399093255053.jpg
2 holes to drill, and some welding, and it will be done.

pvanweelden

That's something me and the wife like to.... :D
Jk, the rubber sheeting will go between the aluminum body armor and the sheet metal of the jk body.

JK's JK

Banned
That's something me and the wife like to.... :D
Jk, the rubber sheeting will go between the aluminum body armor and the sheet metal of the jk body.

I didn't see this posting :grayno: The bending of the armor is coming out great (Jealous) :thumb: You think you'll be taking off the armor when you install it?

pvanweelden

^ winner - send me a PM and I will make some rotopax mounts for you jiffy, if you want. :thumbup:

pvanweelden

Jk- not sure what your question is- but the rear corners are turning out so far the way I thought they would- anyone with a set of corners that doesn't exactly follow the jk corner shape can tell you that a piece of metal on top of the corner can hide how the corner piece doesn't mold perfectly- and that is what I am looking at now- I am close, but probably 1/2" gaps at the top, so I will probably tig weld in a filler piece to make it more presentable.

pvanweelden

But thank you Jk, here is one corner almost done minus all the drilling and sanding yet to come.
1399096730125.jpg
And yes the led light hole is offset so the led won't project out of the edge of the panel.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Jk- not sure what your question is- but the rear corners are turning out so far the way I thought they would- anyone with a set of corners that doesn't exactly follow the jk corner shape can tell you that a piece of metal on top of the corner can hide how the corner piece doesn't mold perfectly- and that is what I am looking at now- I am close, but probably 1/2" gaps at the top, so I will probably tig weld in a filler piece to make it more presentable.

you learn quick how much curves the jk actually has trying to put a flat piece of metal on. i was amazed, the rear of the evo has a little piece of metal that kinda covers the corner, i just put silicon.

pvanweelden

Evo did a great job on their corners, they are the best you can buy. No doubt about it. :thumbup:
I went with my own because I wanted aluminum and I had the material already, but now I have to pay to make them work. But they will work. I just need some massaging time :D

pvanweelden

Found a convenient way to store tools, etc and mount to the outside of the rotopax mounts- backpack :D
1399184896142.jpg
Will work with both hardtop and trek top and be secured to the rotopax mount so no worries of losing it on the trail.
One on each side- air tools, grease gun, etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom