Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

My wife said the jeep looks stupid without a spare tire on the back of it :eek:
I took that as- time to get back to work on the tire carrier :)
Tuesday night a few more welds than I send it off to powder coating
1410068354961.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Thanks guys!
Here's a pic of the adjustable depth mount so it will work with stock rim and slabs.
1410109733304.jpg
1410109751041.jpg

pvanweelden

Thanks Sean and Wes!
The hinge is a double shear. spindles usually work good, if they are supported well enough below, and I knew I really did not want to add a lot to below or off the side of the frame rail. I am hoping this will still have a clean look to it after its mounted to the side. Here's the hinge. Lots more grinding to do today :)
1410113918697.jpg
Sean- I still have the rear corner armor to finish at some point. And a lift to put on

Jiffy05

I haven't been on much lately due to working 2 jobs and school but that tire carrier looks nice. I'll have to go through and see what else you have been working on soon.

Rebel JK

Nice setup Paul. Curious, would it be benificial to use galvanized metal on the hinge where constant rotation/contact will expose metal? I know you guys have a real rust issue.

pvanweelden

Thanks Wes! That's a good point, I should have torn apart my spindle from my tj carrier and checked out what 4 years of iowa looked like on it, but I just greased it a few times and it always moved freely.
I did make a rookie mistake that I am surprised no one pointed out yet :) - when I cut the middle tube in the zip zag I cut it with the seam on the outside instead of the inside :( if I was painting it, I could bondo it, but it is getting powder coated, so I have to live with it.
And I will be adding one more gusset to my frame angle, as I noticed when the carrier is open it flexed slightly.

pvanweelden

Got the finishing welding all done last night, grinding done tonight, dropped off tonight, getting powder coated gloss black tomorrow and then I will paint flat black afterwards. As with my sliders- the gloss black is the powder coaters' most durable color, but not my choice. But I want as much help as possible with the iowa winters and rust protection.
1410405920115.jpg

1410405941592.jpg

sean.m.adams33

Got the finishing welding all done last night, grinding done tonight, dropped off tonight, getting powder coated gloss black tomorrow and then I will paint flat black afterwards. As with my sliders- the gloss black is the powder coaters' most durable color, but not my choice. But I want as much help as possible with the iowa winters and rust protection.
View attachment 99776

View attachment 99777

Looks awesome!! Hurry up and get it installed.

View attachment 99776

View attachment 99777

Looks great man! :thumb:

HILLZ

I've said it once and i'll say it again Paul, you've got some mad skills. Looks great my friend. :rock:

Top Bottom