Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

Looks like it was a fun time. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like you had a good time this weekend too! :D

Thanks Curt and John, but lol, I guess I didn't think about it when I posted pics of the obstacles- that is not my jeep in a few of those pics- that is Chris Robb- Saturday there were 6 rescue green jk's at the show.
Recurve- I was not able to find a u joint locally, i have 2 spicers coming ups tomorrow. I will definitely be ordering 2 more spares.

CZEBJKU

I was thinking that you don't have a snorkel on your jeep but with your fab skills.... who knows ?!

pvanweelden

Well, spicers actually showed up yesterday, so we had a u joint party last night, BIG thanks to Atch and GeckoGlow for coming by last night! Tonight we'll get Rich's driveshaft fixed.

pvanweelden

Well, I think it might be time to start working on my aluminum corners again... brace on the top to cover the fact that corners don't follow the jk body lines exactly and a brace on the bottom to give the aluminum more strength.
One more hole to cut for the gas tank filler and a few holes to drill.

1411796015606.jpg

CZEBJKU

I want to know where are you going to put the TF sticker when you're done? LOL :cheesy:

pvanweelden

Thanks Matt! Funny Curt :)
Went and did some wheeling today with Atch and Rich and a few others.
1411951982858.jpg
1411951998663.jpg
1411952037027.jpg
1411952060198.jpg
1411952084416.jpg
1411952108500.jpg
1411952126937.jpg

GeckoGlow

My wife said I took the boring line :confused:
We need to talk to fab tech about Rich's jeep, because it definitely should flex better than that ^
Thanks Howlie

Huh? "We"? Why do I need to talk to Fabtech about someone else's Jeep? :thinking: ;)

I think he got part of his issue fixed by getting the rear driveshaft shortened, but that still doesn't explain the front. I should have gotten a better look at it when he put it on the RTI ramp 2 weeks ago. I was just dumbfounded by the "lower" score that he got.

Rebel JK

Paul, Looks like your buddy needs to go back to the 4 link front just to save on future body work! May be money ahead.

pvanweelden

Thanks Johnny! anytime you are through this wonderland we call Iowa, hit me up, maybe it will be part of another trip for ya next year ;)

pvanweelden

Just got an update from the new owners of my tj- Alex is tearing it to paint it- Gloss black with flat black and red accents
IMG_0605.jpg

Top Bottom