Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

JKbrick

Wow, that's it? Do you not get hard freezes in your area? All my pipes are over 2' deep. :icon_crazy:

Around here all the lawn irrigation gets blown out with air every fall. The water supply to Homes is 48” deep and I’ve actually seen them freeze twice in my 35 years of plumbing

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Wow, that's it? Do you not get hard freezes in your area? All my pipes are over 2' deep. :icon_crazy:

In Wisconsin you would have to burry them 8' to get below the frost so they just burry shallow and blow them out after first frost.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Around here all the lawn irrigation gets blown out with air every fall. The water supply to Homes is 48” deep and I’ve actually seen them freeze twice in my 35 years of plumbing

Yep. Just blow them out in the fall and turn them back on in the spring.

I had two more leaks. Same zone. After fixing the first one, the next path of least resistance showed up. All 3 leaks caused by previous landscaping stakes driven through the line. Hopefully that's the last one.

IMG_20180805_132646_477.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The ceiling of my front porch is drywall. It’s really humid here, so that isn’t the best thing to use. It has lasted since the home was built in 1996, though. I’m tearing it out and replacing it with beaded plywood.

IMG_2466.jpg

notnalc68

That looks like a huge project.

It’ll take about 2 days. I’m half finished. I had to order the bead board, and it will be here Friday. A contractor wanted nearly $1600 to do it. I’ve got about $500 in it, doing it myself. I used to do carpentry as a second job, when I worked offshore in the oil fields.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
The ceiling of my front porch is drywall. It’s really humid here, so that isn’t the best thing to use. It has lasted since the home was built in 1996, though. I’m tearing it out and replacing it with beaded plywood.

View attachment 307633

Even here drywall outside seems a bit odd as a choice. Everything here is stucco. T111 would have been better for them to use. Bead board will look good.

notnalc68

Even here drywall outside seems a bit odd as a choice. Everything here is stucco. T111 would have been better for them to use. Bead board will look good.

I figure the contractor had some drywall left over, and put it up. I’m not sure it was up to code, even back then.

WJCO

Meme King
Another fricking leak started today. Copper this time. I know jkbrick can appreciate the major convenience of these sharkbite fittings. I seriously didn't buy them because I'm lazy. I just didn't want to sweat the pipe on the back and risk melting the electrical line nor the plastic sprinkler line underneath. These things are still badass.

IMG_20180809_205801_821.jpg

black pearl

Hooked
Another fricking leak started today. Copper this time. I know jkbrick can appreciate the major convenience of these sharkbite fittings. I seriously didn't buy them because I'm lazy. I just didn't want to sweat the pipe on the back and risk melting the electrical line nor the plastic sprinkler line underneath. These things are still badass.

View attachment 307972

Shark bites are great! Really nice for hard to get to places also [emoji106]

Byte

Shark bites are great! Really nice for hard to get to places also [emoji106]

Yeah SB's are pretty darn handy. Looks like the perfect solution for the leak you've got there, WJCO! We started out using them very sparingly but have begun to use them more and more now that we've seen their success rate. As long as they're installed correctly for the material they seem to hold up well. We still won't use them where they'll be permanently covered. Vendor is actually trying to get us to try out the new SB Evopex fittings designed for new construction. They don't have the slip collar so they are permanent connections. Curious to see what their lifetime durability will be.

Top Bottom