Random Willys of the day

SJ21XDC

Ok, not much to look at, but picked this one up last month. 1946 CJ2A. Doesn't run, dirty, rusted, but for $1,600, I figured it might be fun to play with. It's probably more then I'll want to tackle, but we'll see.
3.jpg (1-7-16) 3.jpg (1-7-16) 6.jpg

Attachments

• (1-17-16) 1.jpg
    (1-17-16) 1.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 225

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Thanks! I'm not sure I have the know how either, but I'm going to give it a try :yup:

Great find, get a repair manual. It covers oil changes, to rebuilding the motor, gear change, etc. crazy in depth. These motors and drive trains are simple to work on.

SJ21XDC

Great find, get a repair manual. It covers oil changes, to rebuilding the motor, gear change, etc. crazy in depth. These motors and drive trains are simple to work on.

Thanks. I've downloaded the repair manual and started working on it a few hours a week when I have a little time. So far the most frustrating thing is working with 70 year old fasteners. Changing the spark plugs involved removing the head, busting out the porcelain, PB blaster, heat and an eazyout because the plugs basically disintegrated. :grayno: Got that taken care of then the starter went out. :doh: Anyway, just taking it a bite at a time!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Thanks. I've downloaded the repair manual and started working on it a few hours a week when I have a little time. So far the most frustrating thing is working with 70 year old fasteners. Changing the spark plugs involved removing the head, busting out the porcelain, PB blaster, heat and an eazyout because the plugs basically disintegrated. :grayno: Got that taken care of then the starter went out. :doh: Anyway, just taking it a bite at a time!

Start up a build thread on it!!

Gadget

Caught the Bug
So start a build thread and if you end up not finishing it and someone on here decides to take it over at least there will be a record of what was done.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Well SOB, there are a couple military vans state side. I'm not sure how many but this is the first one I've seen. Picture was posted on an Fc page

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457377645.231951.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
I need to dig up the pics of my dad I found. He was in the airforce and stationed in Korea. Its him and some buddies all buried in the mud in an old willy's which looked to be converted into some form of mobile communications vehicle.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Found on Craigslist, Columbus, MS. 1959.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457474765.490644.jpg

I don't know what they were thinking with the seat covers, though.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457474838.007045.jpg

Top Bottom