Rausch Creek 05/07/16

I may be able to shift some funds around lol. I don't have a problem with the act of cutting the fenders...just kinda liked the look of the wheel wells being a bit more filled. Weighing my options now...waiting to hear hopefully by tomorrow if I'm able to get a killer deal on tires. If that's the case, then I'll have more to spend lift-wise.

Gotcha!

Hey, did you happen to get a price on the new Cooper STT Pros? I got a deal on mine that I couldn't believe. So far these tires are fantastic and the only question is their longevity. Still, $315 for a 37x13.50R17 tire is crazy.
Granted that's an out the door price with no mounting or balancing, but mine didn't even need the balance job. Worth a look!

...will I have to trim my fenders? I don't know if I'm sold on having to do that just yet.

Yes, you will have to trim them

If you can swing it I'd suggest adjustable shocks, whether they're Foxes, Rancho's or Kings. It's really nice being able to tailor your ride between the shocks & tire pressure.

The fender trim is really really easy. It only took me a couple hours and I was being super cautious. I used a Dremel and bought a set of cutoff saw blades at Harbor Freight.
I used blue tape to mark my lines & had at it. Why don't you see how you're sitting after the lift & trim if you need to?

I agree with this, i had rubicon shocks on mine and loved it. My only issue was i wanted more down travel bc i frequently fully extended my stock shocks, thats why i recommend extensions until you can get a new set.

I may be able to shift some funds around lol. I don't have a problem with the act of cutting the fenders...just kinda liked the look of the wheel wells being a bit more filled. Weighing my options now...waiting to hear hopefully by tomorrow if I'm able to get a killer deal on tires. If that's the case, then I'll have more to spend lift-wise.

Trust man, its a perfect look with the trimmed fenders and 35s. Trimming your fenders is super easy, i used a rotozip. Run the stock shocks for now and upgrade to ranchos when you get the money, that is my plan. This will give you a better idea of what it will look like, i personally will never run 35s with any other lift, i LOVE the look of this.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460297200.659420.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460297235.775565.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460297270.375377.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460297287.369347.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460297319.817021.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460297337.891124.jpg

Gotcha!

Hey, did you happen to get a price on the new Cooper STT Pros? I got a deal on mine that I couldn't believe. So far these tires are fantastic and the only question is their longevity. Still, $315 for a 37x13.50R17 tire is crazy.
Granted that's an out the door price with no mounting or balancing, but mine didn't even need the balance job. Worth a look!

My younger brother may be able to get me tires at cost...so just need him to get me prices and then make a decision. Seems like the coopers are all the rage these days, so I may give them a go. However, I've always wanted the Toyo MT's, and want to see the price of Mud Grapplers just for the hell of it. I think I'll have to look at the 315/70/17s with the coopers though, doesn't seem like they come in a "35".

Trust man, its a perfect look with the trimmed fenders and 35s. Trimming your fenders is super easy, i used a rotozip. Run the stock shocks for now and upgrade to ranchos when you get the money, that is my plan. This will give you a better idea of what it will look like, i personally will never run 35s with any other lift, i LOVE the look of this.

So that being said...it'd be the Evo leveling kit, trimmed fenders, 4 hockey pucks for bump stop extensions...and If I can swing it, longer shocks (Which rancho's?)...just trying to come up with a parts list.

...with the longer shocks will I need brake line extensions, a new front DS, sway bar links, etc?

Otherwise, these seems like a good happy medium for now.

P.S. didnt mean to clog this thread up with lift discussions, we can start a new one if need be.

Been waiting for a thread like this!

1) 2 door, 2.5 inch lift on 35s, winch, rocker armor
2) intermediate
3) would want to do a mix of blues and blacks.

So that being said...it'd be the Evo leveling kit, trimmed fenders, 4 hockey pucks for bump stop extensions...and If I can swing it, longer shocks (Which rancho's?)...just trying to come up with a parts list.

...with the longer shocks will I need brake line extensions, a new front DS, sway bar links, etc?

Otherwise, these seems like a good happy medium for now.

P.S. didnt mean to clog this thread up with lift discussions, we can start a new one if need be.

Correct,
-Evo Leveling kit
-4 Hockey Pucks
-Trimmed fenders
-As far as brake lines, i just un bolted the bracket that holds it onto the coil perch,that will give you enough clearance with the factory shocks. Once i upgrade shocks, i will look into some crown brakelines.
-run the stock shocks until you can upgrade to the adjustable rancho 9000s (theres a $100 revate on them right now)

That is my plans.

Ive also opted to run the evo rockstar skid to give my rear some extra down travel, and will most likely do the synergy front shock mount extension.

You will be fine DS wise and swaybar link wise

Been waiting for a thread like this!

1) 2 door, 2.5 inch lift on 35s, winch, rocker armor
2) intermediate
3) would want to do a mix of blues and blacks.

Ill put you on the list!

Will do. I might have 2 other jeeps coming as well.

The cap is at 15 and we are currently at 14. Ill tell you the same thing i told pwdrskier, please have them sign up, introduce themselves and sign up for the trip. We try to get as many wayalifers on the trips as we can. Sorry man

Top Bottom