Rear bumper choice

thardy

Banned
I personally run the Evo D-ring mounts and nothing else. I plan to eventually go with either the Evo or GenRight tire carrier. I've only really seen a couple of rear bumpers that I've liked but haven't liked them enough to but.

Im with ya. If i get to the point i need a upgraded tire carrier, itll be a body mount anyway. So im thinking, do i really need one at all?

thardy

Banned
Im with ya. If i get to the point i need a upgraded tire carrier, itll be a body mount anyway. So im thinking, do i really need one at all?

What helped me with my decision was simply removing the factory bumper and driving around like that for a while. I really like the look of it without a bumper.

jmatta33

yeah I have the evo D rings. im thinking about fabbing up a fascia similar to what evo has at some point to go with it. I'll be running evo corners and tire carrier as well so i may just leave it with just the D rings as well. definately not a bad look going without the bumper and it also saves $$$ for something else!

JKU EXTREME

I did the Evo d ring mount route, for the time being (the time being will last a couple years though). I think it's a good route but there are all sort of good bumpers depending on your need. EVO just came out with a rear bumper and it looks pretty good, Handson and even poison spyder are good choices.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I don't have a rear bumper, went with evo d rings, fascia, corners and carrier. Tried to save weight going bumperless

computeruser6

I like my AEV rear bumper and spare tire carrier quite a lot. Here's a couple shots for you:

DSCF5209.JPG DSCF5330.JPG

And here's what the spare tire and bumper do during low-speed rear-end impacts

DSCF5332.JPG

LtCoyote

Personally I like a rear bumper--looks and protection. I have to ditch the AEV bumper because 40s will not fit so I am going with either the PSC rockbrawler II with integrated hitch or waiting on the new PSC BFH with integrated hitch.

K.D.C.H

Personally I'll be going no bumper and using the EVO D-Rings.

To me, I just don't see the point in adding a whole bunch of extra weight back there if I really don't need it.

JRied

Right now I'm bumper less but I ordered a pretty sweet rear bumper that only weighs 45lbs and is a stubby. It has hi lift jack points and light provisions. JCR Mauler. I had a fat pig of a bumper 190lbs so I'm pretty glad I dropped 150lbs

Im ok w/o a carrier for now. My 295s just squeeze on the factory one. I know eventually my end goal is 37s so im trying to work twords what ill need for that.

Top Bottom