RENNY : 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Looks great brother congrats. I want to get one for Shea and I to keep at the condo in La Quinta.

Don't be silly! I have a place for it. Heck I'll even do you a solid and start it up, drive it a couple times a week and keep it clean, no extra charge. :brows::idontknow:

RjSkippy

Congrats! :beer: Look forward to hearing more about how it handles and really enjoyed reading the review. My dad loves my jeep but wants something a little less "aggressive" as he puts it... in other words he wants something a little better than his current small soccer mom mobile to get around in the winter! lol I am going to have to have him check one out! :thumb:

TheNoob

Good to hear there is another decent dealership in town. Chapman was a pleasure to deal with when I got my jeep. Towbin/Prestige on the other hand :icon_crazy:. Don't understand how they have customers.:thinking:

Didn't know those had a 9-speed transmission!:jaw drop: Can wait to see where you guys go with this one!

bnatt78

As many people have said, " I can't wait to see what your plans on the build of this amazing Jeep!" Everything so far has been awesome!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're gonna be called a RENEGADE, red is a great color.:yup::yup:

Indeed indeed. :D

Looks great brother congrats. I want to get one for Shea and I to keep at the condo in La Quinta.

No kidding, that's awesome. I think you'll find that these things are amazingly roomy, comfortable and fun to drive.

I love this. I went to Jeep.ca to build a Trailhawk for fun and it came out to nearly $37,000 in Canada, not including the removable roof. Pricey up here.

Holy cow!! That sure is pricy for sure. However, I imagine that a JK is even more?

Congrats on the Renegade. I think they're pretty cool. I saw one at the Motortrend Autoshow in Sandy Utah a couple months back. It was the same color and model. Very nice. How about a video walk around of Renny? The Renegade in Sandy was roped off. Couldn't get within 20 feet of it. I was surprised at how large the Renegade actually was.

Yeah, I think we can do that. Give us a bit to catch up on some projects we put on the back burner to get this thing and then we'll be sure to work on it.

That is a nice rig. Is there a diesel option on the way? I may have to dig into this a bit deeper.

What really sucks is that a diesel version already exists in Europe and it gets over 50 MPG!! Don't know why they won't sell it here in the U.S. :rolleyes2:

Nice that it appears Truck-Lites will work! Can you show us a pic of the easter egg in the light?

Oh yeah, we'll be sure to post up all kinds of detailed pics as soon as we get a chance. :yup:

Congrats! :beer: Look forward to hearing more about how it handles and really enjoyed reading the review. My dad loves my jeep but wants something a little less "aggressive" as he puts it... in other words he wants something a little better than his current small soccer mom mobile to get around in the winter! lol I am going to have to have him check one out! :thumb:

Handling is awesome and being that it's a FWD when in 2WD, the steering feels nice. Of course, braking is way more responsive than a JK and it corners like a car. Super fun to drive.

Good to hear there is another decent dealership in town. Chapman was a pleasure to deal with when I got my jeep. Towbin/Prestige on the other hand :icon_crazy:. Don't understand how they have customers.:thinking:

Didn't know those had a 9-speed transmission!:jaw drop: Can wait to see where you guys go with this one!

Yeah, the 9-speed auto is smooth as can be and you almost don't know it's shifting at all. The best part about it is the bump shift manual shift option. The up and down shift motion is way more intuitive than the side bump that you have on the JK's and it really holds in to the gears like a manual. We love using it :yup:

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Renny's sister

I thought this would make your day......

Plain clothes Cops using a "Renny's dark sister" in the traffic this evening......:yup:

IMG_0798.JPG

maragon5

I loved this thread. It was very enjoyable during my commute home. The announcement made me think as if you were sharing your newborn baby pictures; which in a way you kind of were, lol. Brilliant! Love the photos. Thanks!

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Happy for you. Time to update your signature too. That is as good on gas as our Accord, and maybe better.

I wonder how it compares all around to the Cherokee.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Oh yeah, in so many ways, each new Jeep we get is like having a newborn in the family :D

Thanks for the reminder, I just updated my sig :yup:

Sudz

jeep_zps54a637ef.png

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any updates to Renny???

Unfortunately, no. We've been spending way too much time wheeling this summer and working on videos and we just haven't had the time to work on this rig. Hopefully soon as we really do want to work on it. :yup:

Top Bottom