Rob Burgundy's 1 ton slooow build

longarmwj

Thats horrible. A Jeep can be replaced but a person can't. At least you weren't hurt, as that is the most important part.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Unbelievable. That sucks. Yeah when it rains that hard here in San Antonio people turn into complete morons. Thank god you got the license plate. Hopefully the insurance is painless. Glad you weren't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rb1boxer_3

That really sucks, man. People really suck sometimes. Hope the cops catch that sorry bastard and his insurance pays up.
Yea I know. I hope they do something about it.
Damn that sucks. I saw your post on the SA jeep page. I hope the cops are able to track the SOB down.
Yea me too the cop told me he found all his information. Not just gotta wait and see what my insurance does about it .
Thats horrible. A Jeep can be replaced but a person can't. At least you weren't hurt, as that is the most important part.
Yea for sure. And as bad as I hit him I'm surprised he drove away. The back was all smashed. He's probably sore today
Unbelievable. That sucks. Yeah when it rains that hard here in San Antonio people turn into complete morons. Thank god you got the license plate. Hopefully the insurance is painless. Glad you weren't hurt.

Yea I know it was just when it started raining hard. But hopefully they insurance finds him and gets things done fast. We had beach and jeeps in 3 weeks but I know it won't be ready by then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rb1boxer_3

Ok as most of yall know about my accident the other week. I am now looking for half doors and need y'alls help/ opinions.

I'm looking at buying
• Mopar half doors 2500.
• Zebra strike force 650 plus unknown for uppers since they are barely designing them
• Savvy half doors RR uppers. 1680

So what do y'all think. I really wanted evo half doors but I need uppers and full closer since I'll be gutting or fixing full doors undecided what to do with them. 2 are good 2 are bad.

Napalm

Ok as most of yall know about my accident the other week. I am now looking for half doors and need y'alls help/ opinions.

I'm looking at buying
• Mopar half doors 2500.
• Zebra strike force 650 plus unknown for uppers since they are barely designing them
• Savvy half doors RR uppers. 1680

So what do y'all think. I really wanted evo half doors but I need uppers and full closer since I'll be gutting or fixing full doors undecided what to do with them. 2 are good 2 are bad.

Have you considered the Bestop Element doors with the enclosures? I'm running them and they are pretty awesome. They are paintable, lockable, and you can reuse your factory mirrors. They are super heavy duty steel and if you damage the door, the Enclosure can be replaced at about $75. They will run you about $1400 with uppers.
IMG_2913.jpg

Last edited:

Rb1boxer_3

Wow had no idea mopar halfs were that expensive

Yeah they are 3900 new from quadratec or I found used ones for 1600 lowers only and 900 for uppers
Have you considered the Bestop Element doors with the enclosures? I'm running them and they are pretty awesome. They are paintable, lockable, and you can reuse your factory mirrors. They are super heavy duty steel and if you damage the door, the Enclosure can be replaced at about $75. They will run you about $1400 with uppers.
View attachment 262115

I looked at some reviews people were putting negative comments on so passed those up. But you have them how do you like them. Is there that 1/2 gap in the bottom?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
My vote is for the strike force zebra doors. If you missed it, they recently came under new ownership. Who knows, maybe they'll make uppers happen.

Rugged Ridge is another option and is what Eddie and Cindy are running on Moby and Rubicat.

Rb1boxer_3

My vote is for the strike force zebra doors. If you missed it, they recently came under new ownership. Who knows, maybe they'll make uppers happen.

Rugged Ridge is another option and is what Eddie and Cindy are running on Moby and Rubicat.
I actually emailed them today about their doors and if the RR would fit. He told me no and they are under new ownership. That they are working on uppers and should be out "real soon". I found a set of barely used ones for 600

Napalm

Yeah they are 3900 new from quadratec or I found used ones for 1600 lowers only and 900 for uppers

I looked at some reviews people were putting negative comments on so passed those up. But you have them how do you like them. Is there that 1/2 gap in the bottom?

Some of the negative reviews make since. Here are a few negatives that I'm not a fan of.
1. Tough install. The install is tough and tedious, and it is difficult. This is due to the tube doors and the panels having to be attached though. I do like this due to if I damage it on the trail(yeah right) I can just replace the Enclosure instead of an entire door.

2. The factory powdercoat isn't worth anything. These doors are meant to be painted, and that could not be more true. Don't buy them unless you plan to paint them.

3. They rattle. The doors are heavy steel and feel solid and sturdy. Because of this, they rattle. A little electrical tape on the hinges fixes this instantly.

All in all, I'm happy with my purchase. Not only because they are great doors, but because Bestop is a fantastic company and stands behind their product. I've had a couple issues with the doors and they've replaced them no questions asked without issue.

And I'm not sure what the half inch gap is. If I put the included weather stripping on, there wouldn't be a gap at all.

Last edited:

Rb1boxer_3

Well guys i finally got my jeep back from the shop. It was there for 5 days, I had them replace the driver door and fix the b piller and oh it looks good happy with it.
Before 20170530_161426.jpg

After
20170622_165455.jpg

Now I need to swap out my d30 axle since it's bent at the Driver C . It's not that bad I suppose. But what other problems will i have besides wearing out my front tires. I'm looking at running it till I can put in my 1 tons in a couple more months. Or should I just replace it now since I already have a replacement just. I also bought a little something today for the jeep kinda like a bouquet of flowers . Hope to get it on tomorrow. 😉

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Well guys i finally got my jeep back from the shop. It was there for 5 days, I had them replace the driver door and fix the b piller and oh it looks good happy with it.
Before View attachment 264960

After
View attachment 264959

Now I need to swap out my d30 axle since it's bent at the Driver C . It's not that bad I suppose. But what other problems will i have besides wearing out my front tires. I'm looking at running it till I can put in my 1 tons in a couple more months. Or should I just replace it now since I already have a replacement just. I also bought a little something today for the jeep kinda like a bouquet of flowers . Hope to get it on tomorrow. [emoji6]

If you already have the parts just replace it now. Why would you not and wear out the tires? Know what I mean?

Rb1boxer_3

Well here it is. Yesterday I made a 700 mile round trip and got me . . .

Strike Force Zebra half doors for a unbelievable price of 600$, and in pretty damn good shape. So this morning I washed them and bam they went on perfect couple scratches here and there, but I will get these wrapped and paint matched. These doors are awesome and I can't wait till the uppers come out. I was going to go with savvy half doors. But saw these advertised here. Then I remembered earlier this month someone posted these up for sale. So jumped on them. All I gotta say is whoever wins them is really gonna love them, and whoever buys them won't regret them. 20170624_103042.jpg 20170624_103950.jpg 20170624_103958.jpg 20170624_104003.jpg 20170624_104008.jpg

Rb1boxer_3

Well I finished swapping out my bent axle for another dirty 30. It was all good till a bolt in the hub decided to shear off inside causing me a headache and I did have the right tools to take it out. So what did I do. Drill a hole through it and heat it up with a torch. I got the bolt out but the threads were jacked up. I didn't have a re-threader so just ordered another hub on line and had it sent next day shipping on Friday. It was alot cheaper than the auto parts stores around here I also had to get a new caliper Cause I messed up and turned on the jeep and pressed the brake. It pushed the piston out all the way. So had to get that Saturday night. I finished it today and all is good. I also got my shave kit plate welded on for the 14 bolt. Looks good. I should have the ring gear sometime this week shaved and then be ready to install the gears in the 1 tons . I also got my oil changed and did both diffs. My rear hadn't been done in 55k miles. Man was that oil black and grey and sludgy lol all good now 20170629_163637.jpg 20170630_191330.jpg 20170701_123416.jpg FB_IMG_1499047532633.jpeg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Well I finished swapping out my bent axle for another dirty 30. It was all good till a bolt in the hub decided to shear off inside causing me a headache and I did have the right tools to take it out. So what did I do. Drill a hole through it and heat it up with a torch. I got the bolt out but the threads were jacked up. I didn't have a re-threader so just ordered another hub on line and had it sent next day shipping on Friday. It was alot cheaper than the auto parts stores around here I also had to get a new caliper Cause I messed up and turned on the jeep and pressed the brake. It pushed the piston out all the way. So had to get that Saturday night. I finished it today and all is good. I also got my shave kit plate welded on for the 14 bolt. Looks good. I should have the ring gear sometime this week shaved and then be ready to install the gears in the 1 tons . I also got my oil changed and did both diffs. My rear hadn't been done in 55k miles. Man was that oil black and grey and sludgy lol all good now

I have done the same thing with the brake caliper! what a mess that caused!

cant wait to see the axles finished up!

Rb1boxer_3

I have done the same thing with the brake caliper! what a mess that caused!

cant wait to see the axles finished up!
Yea sucks just took more time and money. And I haven't had the money to do anything yet. I switched jobs going through issues so they've just been sitting there. I'm hoping by December I'll be able to get back to finishing them. Here's the front all done, now I just need to do the rear. 20170728_170229.jpg

Top Bottom