Rob Burgundy's 1 ton slooow build

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Yea sucks just took more time and money. And I haven't had the money to do anything yet. I switched jobs going through issues so they've just been sitting there. I'm hoping by December I'll be able to get back to finishing them. Here's the front all done, now I just need to do the rear. View attachment 274641

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looking good! Can't wait to see them under your Jeep. :thumb:

Rb1boxer_3

Ok so i started saving up and I need y'alls help on deciding a lift. I'm going long arm and it's between Evo and RK Triple Threat. I haven't really seen or liked any other long arm kits. And that's just long arms. I'm still undecided on what lift to put on as well. Springs and shocks or coilovers. Of course I want it around 4 inches. Any one help, feedback? Advice ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Ok so i started saving up and I need y'alls help on deciding a lift. I'm going long arm and it's between Evo and RK Triple Threat. I haven't really seen or liked any other long arm kits. And that's just long arms. I'm still undecided on what lift to put on as well. Springs and shocks or coilovers. Of course I want it around 4 inches. Any one help, feedback? Advice ?

I’d do evo longarm with 4” plush rides. Both are good kits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I'd vote for the EVO LA kit as well. I ran a RK mid-arm kit and while they aren't junk, they aren't the same as a Johnnie Joint. Not even close. Also like that the EVO arms are adjustable on the Jeep - no need to drop them to adjust.

I compared several kits out there before I decided on EVO. I'm not a fan of 3 links. I can see maybe on trailered rig or off road only but I like the redundancy of the 4 arms. I also don't care for the radius arm kits like the Curries, and Claytons. I was kinda surprised that's what they offered.

I considered coilovers but honestly I've been able to do everything I've wanted to on my coils and shocks. Coilovers are badass but for me the coils are fine. As far as springs I went with Currie 4 + 1's on the rear and like them enough that I'm probably going to put their springs on the front over the WInter as well. I have Rockstars and had some clearance issues as well as the springs dropping out. Those Curries are an inch longer than normal so that and new King shocks solved that issue. The Curries ride really nice. I don't know that I've read anyone running them. Another reason I chose those over the Plush Rides is the sag issue. I plan on towing a travel trailer eventually and from what I've read they would probably sag significantly. :twocents:

Edit: The ride is unbelievably nice on a LA kit

Last edited:
Nice build just read the whole thing, and subscribed. Very interested in your tons getting under the jeep. Sounds like ur doing good now after the B.S. accident. I will be doing the same thing with mine in the next few months with a slow build on them. Looking forward to more pics!

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

EVO! [emoji6]

Rb1boxer_3

I’d do evo longarm with 4” plush rides. Both are good kits.

That was my first thought. But doing it myself in the garage was my only issue cause I didn't want to drop the gas tank. Guess I will now.
I'd vote for the EVO LA kit as well. I ran a RK mid-arm kit and while they aren't junk, they aren't the same as a Johnnie Joint. Not even close. Also like that the EVO arms are adjustable on the Jeep - no need to drop them to adjust.

I compared several kits out there before I decided on EVO. I'm not a fan of 3 links. I can see maybe on trailered rig or off road only but I like the redundancy of the 4 arms. I also don't care for the radius arm kits like the Curries, and Claytons. I was kinda surprised that's what they offered.

I considered coilovers but honestly I've been able to do everything I've wanted to on my coils and shocks. Coilovers are badass but for me the coils are fine. As far as springs I went with Currie 4 + 1's on the rear and like them enough that I'm probably going to put their springs on the front over the WInter as well. I have Rockstars and had some clearance issues as well as the springs dropping out. Those Curries are an inch longer than normal so that and new King shocks solved that issue. The Curries ride really nice. I don't know that I've read anyone running them. Another reason I chose those over the Plush Rides is the sag issue. I plan on towing a travel trailer eventually and from what I've read they would probably sag significantly. :twocents:

Edit: The ride is unbelievably nice on a LA kit
Nice thanks. You went with the king specs for yours. I guess I'll check out plush rides first. I don't plan on towing so hope they won't sag.
Nice build just read the whole thing, and subscribed. Very interested in your tons getting under the jeep. Sounds like ur doing good now after the B.S. accident. I will be doing the same thing with mine in the next few months with a slow build on them. Looking forward to more pics!

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks. Yeah it's been a slow build just a bunch of speed bumps going on but I'm getting there. I plan to get the axles powder coated and gears done next month.
EVO! [emoji6]

[emoji108] I might just have y'all do the install I really don't want to mess with the gas tank and all. I am in San Antonio.

Rb1boxer_3

So this happened last night. I was at a stop light and a drunk driver slammed into the back of my jeep. I feel like crap everything's hurting but that's what they say when this happens. I got out and stumbled around douche took off running after I yelled at him for a bit and then other witnesses were trying to talk to him. He looked zoned out . But the jeep is totaled so yeah. 20171028_023633.jpg 20171028_164020.jpg 20171028_163637.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
AWWW MAN!! That blows! Real sorry... Hopefully Insurance takes care of you.... At least you didn't have the lift & axles installed yet and more important, you are ok... Good luck with everything.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Hope you heal well, get a new Jeep, and I hope that other fucker gets some jail time and turns his life around.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Thank God you're not seriously injured. I'm sure the jeep loss hurts but at least you'll be healthy enough to build the next one. With a shitton of cash from the assclown's insurance.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Wow. That was some hit. Twisted the frame and appears the have pushed the body forward. With all that, you're lucky you were rear ended by that prick and Tboned or head on.

Glad you were able to walk away from it. Everything else will get sorted out.

JKbrick

Glad your ok, good luck settling up, one of my work vans got hit head on driver side to driver side probably a month ago by a drunk driver. No one got hurt but my insurance is still trying to contact this worthless fuck that hit my worker. Still don’t have the van back and never got a rental due to them not providing insurance papers st the scene. I would expect this out of a guy blowing a .30 at 3:30 on a Wednesday.

Rb1boxer_3

Thanks everyone. I can definitely feel the pain today, Hurting just to turn around in bed. After he ran on foot that night the police officer on my investigation called me yesterday saying the ower reported his truck stolen at 3pm the next day 😑 and not first thing in the morning like really. So yeah already trying to play that game. But we will see what happens. And as for the jeep I know It'll be taken care of, Maybe wait for the JL or just get a 07+ and start from there.

Top Bottom