Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

Gibbo

Hey there Gibbo! Those half doors are just the factory doors a TJ comes with :thumb:

O.K. Thanks. I found some for the JK over at Quadratec, quite expensive though.;)

Sent from my GT-I9000T using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

O.K. Thanks. I found some for the JK over at Quadratec, quite expensive though.;)

You should check amazon.com. Type in Rugged Ridge half doors for JK. They really are the best alternative to a factory replica, they are not metal like a factory door, look just like them and come in a paintable abs plastic. Less than half the price for a full set of four doors when compared to factory

Attachments

• image-1950244396.jpg
    image-1950244396.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

Gibbo

You should check amazon.com. Type in Rugged Ridge half doors for JK. They really are the best alternative to a factory replica, they are not metal like a factory door, look just like them and come in a paintable abs plastic. Less than half the price for a full set of four doors when compared to factory

I will check amazon when I get home tonight. Thanks for that. The ones I looked at were Mopar steel ones.

GCM 2

You overlanding sons of .......

I actually do try to attend this every year since its in my home state and I get to see what the other half lives like. Plus it's always cool to lurk around my rig out in the parking area and bust people either digging on or hating on my jeep. I get a laugh when guys are giving their critique of my rig to me land they don't know it's mine....until I hit the key fob to get a drink or something from the cab :icon_crazy: I know, kind of an uncool move on my part

http://www.overlandexpo.com/

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I actually do try to attend this every year since its in my home state and I get to see what the other half lives like. Plus it's always cool to lurk around my rig out in the parking area and bust people either digging on or hating on my jeep. I get a laugh when guys are giving their critique of my rig to me land they don't know it's mine....until I hit the key fob to get a drink or something from the cab :icon_crazy: I know, kind of an uncool move on my part

I was thinking about going to that this year to check it out but it's the weekend before Glen Helen so I probably won't.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: You really need to go and setup some hidden cameras and record some of the banter. Now that would be funny :yup:

Rock-itman

I will check amazon when I get home tonight. Thanks for that. The ones I looked at were Mopar steel ones.

Quadratec catalog has the bestop rock doors , w/ the skins in a kit check it out . They are all steel and preprimed ready for paint . This is the route im taking for my 1/2 doors . Figured now i get the rock doors also . Its less than 1/2 price of mopars too !! Goodluck :beer:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: You really need to go and setup some hidden cameras and record some of the banter. Now that would be funny :yup:

That would be truly awesome! Film the critiques then the reaction when they find out it's yours when hit unlock to get a drink. lol :cheesy: :thumb:

gouacats

I've gone the last couple of years and I'll probably head up there this year...maybe an opportunity for a Wayalife Suds & Grub? Lumberyard Brewery?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Landcruiser Troopy

Sitting at home to avoid contaminating the rest of the office with whatever bug I have, I took a break from work and enjoyed watching these videos. So I thought I would share. Amazing how much the dialogue echoes what jeepers say.

Here is part 2.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Sitting at home to avoid contaminating the rest of the office with whatever bug I have, I took a break from work and enjoyed watching these videos. So I thought I would share. Amazing how much the dialogue echoes what jeepers say.

Here is part 2.

Nice MTG. Guess who's gonna be sporting Alu-Cab Evolution hood stickers now? This guy!
👍👍

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

Here is part 2.

Now you'll be wanting to add at tent to your Jeep...

I hope your taking this time at home to conceptualize your new overland vehicle!

MTG

Caught the Bug
I am going to go out on a limb, but that orange sticker on the rear window of this CJ8 looks just like the sticker we needed during the 2012 JKX to wheel on the dunes at Silver Lake, MI

Not even sure why I am sharing that bit of info :thinking:

:yup: Same one.

JK&Beyond

To overland you must have a toyota, beat up jeep, or something that looks dusty with bfg A/T's on it!! I thought everyone knew this? lol. Check out Expedition Portal forums, all vehicles look the same, bull bar, snorkel, bfg's, and amber colored aux. lights.

I dont understand the cliche at all either. WOL and Moby do what they want, overland or crawl. lets see a tacoma keep up with them. :bleh:

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
To overland you must have a toyota, beat up jeep, or something that looks dusty with bfg A/T's on it!! I thought everyone knew this? lol. Check out Expedition Portal forums, all vehicles look the same, bull bar, snorkel, bfg's, and amber colored aux. lights.

I dont understand the cliche at all either. WOL and Moby do what they want, overland or crawl. lets see a tacoma keep up with them. :bleh:

If you don’t understand the “cliché”, then maybe you should be a little more open-minded. A build like Moby, as awesome as it is, isn’t practical for some regions, territories, or states. Offroad enthusiasts build their vehicles to what suits their needs. There is one thing that my modest Sahara is 100% more capable than Moby at, and that is in its ability to pass a PA State Inspection. Not everyone lives in an area that allows seemingly limitless modification and thus people build their vehicles differently.

Top Bottom