Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

Bluegrass James

Haven't read all of the last 43 pages but (and I'm OV'er) they seem to focus on sustainability, function balanced against mileage (hence they all want a diesel), and capability in extremes is a relatively distant third. Almost none have a two door. They all have trailers or roof top thingies.

Im glad for this. Versatility in function and taste means Jeep is continuing to make itself relevant and will continue to be sought after.

StrizzyChris

Grow up with? You didn't even join the site until after this thread had probably close to 40 pages.:crazyeyes:

Im on page two...does that make me an expert on overlandertization? :thinking:

Oh not the case "old timer." I had been lurking here and JK since March/April, when I was trying to figure out my factory Rubi order details. I didn't know Jack about Jack about JKs or Jeeps or offroading. Now I just don't know jack, so there is some improvement. :thinking:

My rubi delivered in June. And I lurked even more so before I signed up in August. There were 30 pages then, not 40. :bleh: :cheesy::cheesy: But I actually went back and read them to know what was up. :crazyeyes:

As soo as I verify your references I will give the :thumb: of your resume checking out! :bleh:

HAHA nice Jerry Rig!

I choose to believe that is a massive snorkel rather than a utility poll

aha

Overland built Jeep's just cant handle the rocks as well since they have racks & other stuff on the roof which raises the vehicles CoG. Also rock crawler Jeep's are built for max articulation which means stubby bumpers. An overland Jeep typically has a nice full size bumper so that it can be used to push brush & small trees down. Snorkels are not needed for rock crawling but someone blazing a new trail in an area with rivers/marsh/ponds would do well to have a snorkel. Typically someone that builds their Jeep as an overland is looking for much more functionality & diversity out of their Jeep then a rock crawler.

Those are my thoughts on the difference :)

GCM 2

Overland built Jeep's just cant handle the rocks as well since they have racks & other stuff on the roof which raises the vehicles CoG. Also rock crawler Jeep's are built for max articulation which means stubby bumpers. An overland Jeep typically has a nice full size bumper so that it can be used to push brush & small trees down. Snorkels are not needed for rock crawling but someone blazing a new trail in an area with rivers/marsh/ponds would do well to have a snorkel. Typically someone that builds their Jeep as an overland is looking for much more functionality & diversity out of their Jeep then a rock crawler.

Those are my thoughts on the difference :)

Hi! Welcome to forum and thanks for your first post and clearing that overlanding thing up for us :cheesy:

Just kidding man, but seriously go back a few pages and try to catch up. At this point the whole thread is just about being a smartass, unless your were absolutely being as sarcastic as possible and then the jokes on us :thumb:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Hi! Welcome to forum and thanks for your first post and clearing that overlanding thing up for us :cheesy:

Just kidding man, but seriously go back a few pages and try to catch up. At this point the whole thread is just about being a smartass, unless your were absolutely being as sarcastic as possible and then the jokes on us :thumb:

If this thread is for smartasses then we are both in the wrong place. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Top Bottom