Rough Country 3.5 suspension lift kit reviews

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I want to run 35s, BFG KM2. Spoke to a guy at Quadratec, for my situation he said 2.5 kit would suit my needs. Rubicon Express 2.5 or should I go another brand?

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

2.5" is great for 35s. New coils typically yield more lift than advertised so you might get 3-3.5" out of the Rubicon Express lift. If it does your JK might feel a little flighty at highway speeds. Are you picking them because of cost?

Chandler LeSueur

2.5" is great for 35s. New coils typically yield more lift than advertised so you might get 3-3.5" out of the Rubicon Express lift. If it does your JK might feel a little flighty at highway speeds. Are you picking them because of cost?
Don't wanna buy a shitty one, but I'm not spending over $1000 on 2.5 lift kit. The guy at Quadratec recommended RE. Still looking at different brands.

Ddays

Hooked
The guy at Quadratec recommended RE. Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's all well and good, but that guy at Quadratec might drive a moped & wear Birkenstocks. Point being that these big places are great for buying parts from but as far as advice goes, I would rather call up an installer or shop and ask what they sell the most of or
what is gonna work best for you. I think everyone here is gonna say that the RE rides very stiff. If you're ok with that by all means buy it. I personally would listen to the guys here that are telling you what coils are the best.

Putting a price tag limit on the ride and handling of your Jeep may not be the best approach to take. :twocents:

That's all well and good, but that guy at Quadratec might drive a moped & wear Birkenstocks. Point being that these big places are great for buying parts from but as far as advice goes, I would rather call up an installer or shop and ask what they sell the most of or
what is gonna work best for you. I think everyone here is gonna say that the RE rides very stiff. If you're ok with that by all means buy it. I personally would listen to the guys here that are telling you what coils are the best.

Putting a price tag limit on the ride and handling of your Jeep may not be the best approach to take. :twocents:

Great advice all around. It's always a good idea to develop a relationship with a local shop, go with their advice, they're on the hook for whatever they sell you.

Going with a "cost per inch of lift" won't help you. You're paying for the quality of the components and completeness of the kit, not how high you can get it, that's just done with taller springs. Doing it right vs just getting your Jeep bigger are different things.

Either way, best of luck to you! I'm sure you'll enjoy your Jeep regardless.

Chandler LeSueur

So good coil springs are JKS, JSPEC and EVO, right? Looking at Northridge as I type.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Don't wanna buy a shitty one, but I'm not spending over $1000 on 2.5 lift kit. The guy at Quadratec recommended RE. Still looking at different brands.

Personally I'd stick with a 2.5" budget boost for now. It will net exactly 2.5" of lift (some are also leveling kits with only 2" in the rear) and most of them come fairly complete.

No, they won't "limit your flex" unless you opt out of getting the shock extensions.

Teraflex, Rubicon Express, AEV and a few others all make them. The Teraflex one is the most complete and the only thing the RC one is missing is bump stops.

Top Bottom