Rough Country 3.5 suspension lift kit reviews

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So can that fixed with different coil springs? Or just Teraflex in general is not good?

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

If your talking about a coil spring lift, I'd steer clear of TerraFlex. The ride stiff as hell, not comfortable at all on the road, and generally just another cheap but overpriced Chinese brand.
If your asking about a budget boost on the other hand, TerraFlex has one of the most complete kits and I would recommend it. Pretty much all of the puck lifts are the same, so just pick one that has the best bang for your buck. If your looking to lift on a budget, they are a great way to go and at least you'll maintain the factory ride quality. A lot of the cheaper spring lifts are going to give you a stiff, bumpy ride and tend to sag over time. Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for. Suspension is one of those things. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
So can that fixed with different coil springs? Or just Teraflex in general is not good?

What WJCO said - I would steer clear of Teraflex based on many many comments here. The majority of your ride quality is gonna depend on the coils.

Rock Krawler, Old Man Emu. Yay or Nay?

I have the Rock Krawler coils and I would say they fall between the RE and EVO in ride quality. Can't speak on the OME's though.

Chandler LeSueur

Think I'm gonna go with a Teraflex 2.5 budget boost, reason being, this is my first JK and first lifted anything, being that it's my DD, I guess I'd like to keep the factory ride. Now which brand has a good Budget boost kit besides Teraflex ? I see a Teraflex budget boost with shocks for $522. Do I want different shocks or should I keep the OEM ones?

Ddays

Hooked
Think I'm gonna go with a Teraflex 2.5 budget boost, reason being, this is my first JK and first lifted anything, being that it's my DD, I guess I'd like to keep the factory ride. Now which brand has a good Budget boost kit besides Teraflex ? I see a Teraflex budget boost with shocks for $522. Do I want different shocks or should I keep the OEM ones?

Honestly I think that's a good choice to start with. Sometimes its easy to get a head of yourself with these damn things and you run before you walk. You'll be surprised what you'll be able to do with this kit & 35" tires.
As others have stated, these kits are pretty basic and they're mostly the same. Teraflex has a kit with shocks for around $500

I have the rubicon express 3.5 inch kit haven't had any problems

I wouldn't expect "problems" other than loose fillings ;)

Andy5160

Hooked
I ran a RE kit and it rode VERY stiff. Remember, the quality of your ride depends on the coils more than the shocks. Brackets are a bandaid - get a kit that has adjustable lower control arms
and also a drag link flip kit. Those will allow you to correct your geometry better than a bracket that will hang down & risk getting all boogered up.

Its not about climbing mountains: probably more than 95% of your time driving the Jeep in on-road, so you want something
that works there as well. Most of your off-roading is dirt/gravel roads? All the more reason to get a kit that rides nice. Again, look at the
EVO kits - they come with everything you need and the plush ride coils are the best riding ones out there according to everyone that has tried them.

Jerry good point all that you said. I still have RE coils cant say they are horrible with Rancho shocks.In any case i would not buy it again

Ddays

Hooked
I honestly don't know about the Teraflex shocks - I've never ridden in anything with them. Lots of guys here run the Ranchos & swear by them. I run the Fox 2.0's with the reservoirs & really like them. Nice being able to tailor your ride.

jknikos

I wouldnt buy anything from RC except their body lift. I have 1 bend steering stabilizer, and two leaking oil. Moreover their quick discos are rubish and i have seen 3 of their shocks fail with moderate off road use in various jks. :naw::naw::naw:

https://www.fortec4x4.com/product.php , is this an alright kit? Of course with Fox 2.0. The JKS coil springs seem to be a winner. Is there any additional parts, track bar, sway bar disconnects, etc that I'd need?

There is a reason why JKS offers the kit as they do. The Fortec kit works well, I've seen it in person, but if this is what you're looking in to I would really and truly recommend just running with the full JSpec kit. By the time you add a track bar, disconnects and hardware you're up around the cost of the honest to goodness JSpec kit.

Top Bottom