Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

pastorwug

I rather to get more experience first then run the Rubicon. Thanks for your support.

We did the Rubicon last June with almost ZERO experience, but great EVO equipment - granted we were with some real pros in Rock Crawling but we had a great time and would do it all again, but once a summer would be enough for us - pretty stressful. :shock:
BTW - we never took a by-pass, even did Little Sluice (Thanks Adam!).
Crippledpeety is a pro (as I hear) and would certainly be the kind of Jeeper you'd want to tackle the Rubicon with.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
We're getting some snow on the east side of Tahoe this morning. Raining at my house in the valley. :thumb: Hopefully this weather gets them the jump they need to put the fire out in the next few days.

Jebbs

Hiya - I'm New

Hi All- Panda pointed me over this way from my `First Wave` as I'm a newbie at this site. I'm local to the Bay Area so Rubicon is totally do-able for me. That weekend is sorta iffy for me since I'll have my kids and I'm not 100% about bringing them through there with me. But I'd REEEEEEEALY like to come along. So I'll see what I can work out on my side. So for the mean time please put me down as a MAYBE.

I realize there still is a fire, but I'm hoping it'll be 100% and Rubicon is open again by then. :thumb::thumb:

I'll be doing Slick Rock the weekend after this.

:beer::beer::beer:Jebbs:beer::beer::beer:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Hi All- Panda pointed me over this way from my `First Wave` as I'm a newbie at this site. I'm local to the Bay Area so Rubicon is totally do-able for me. That weekend is sorta iffy for me since I'll have my kids and I'm not 100% about bringing them through there with me. But I'd REEEEEEEALY like to come along. So I'll see what I can work out on my side. So for the mean time please put me down as a MAYBE.

I realize there still is a fire, but I'm hoping it'll be 100% and Rubicon is open again by then. :thumb::thumb:

Welcome and hope you can make it. Just to let you know if you decide to bring your kids there will be others too and your welcome to bring them along. Mine are 7 and 9 and CrippleP's are around the same. Hope you can make it. Great times ahead!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Panda

Very cool! yup bring the kids! :thumb:

Mrs.2013rubirick

Hi there! Hope you can make it! Bring the kids, they'll love it. There are other kids, and they'll all have a great time together!

Hope to see you there!

Well with the rain we had and are supposed to have tomorrow they might get that fire out and open back up the rubicon. I hope they do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mrs.2013rubirick

I just called the King Fire Info Line and the told me that they are unsure at the this time when Ice House Road will open, but that things could change at any point in time. They said the fire is West of Airport Flat and that it isn't traveling toward the Rubicon trail, just blocking off the entrance. That being said, they said that it has not harmed the actual Rubicon. So that's great news! However, both the exit (in Tahoe) and Ice House Road are currently closed. I'll keep calling for updates.

Apparently with the rain, which helped the fire, inhibited the fire fighters. I guess there were slides and they had to pull back a bunch of firefighters to camp to resolve issues there. Also, trucks couldn't make it up due to the slipping/mud, etc. That happened yesterday afternoon. At this time those men and women are back on the fire line and making progress.
Fingers crossed, they said there is still potential for re-opening and for the fire to be out by the time we take our trip.

Top Bottom