Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

I'm flexible and can change last minute, I will be driving most of the day Thursday so where I end up really doesn't matter.

ADORABLE is what that pic is! At Sourgrass there were a pair of two peas in a pod. Did anyone get a pic of that!? Great kiddos all of them! Can't wait to see them all again! Little WALifers!

Thanks so much, they are super excited!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

:thumbup:
Thanks I needed that link for a fun Monday morning!

Just so you guys know the el dorado national forest is still closed. Just because ice house road is open doesn't mean the rubicon is open.

Just read something interesting. What are your thoughts.
The Rubicon Trail and the
Ellis Creek Trail are El Dorado County roads and
area not affected by Forest Service closures.

I will be calling to confirm the open/closed status but didn't know how to read this. Sounds to me like the Rubicon Trail should be open regardless of the Eldorado NFS status. Would rely more on the Sherif. A quick call should clear this up but thought it was interesting none the less

--rccrwlr.

Just read something interesting. What are your thoughts.

I will be calling to confirm the open/closed status but didn't know how to read this. Sounds to me like the Rubicon Trail should be open regardless of the Eldorado NFS status. Would rely more on the Sherif. A quick call should clear this up but thought it was interesting none the less

--rccrwlr.

Great find, that's how I read it! Sounds positive... :)

Okay, so I just got off the phone with the information line. Here is the most recent update:

They are currently re-evaluating the closure perimeter since the fire containment is now at 89%. Ice House Road and the Rubicon are included in this re-evaluated perimeter. Chances are, once they finish all the legal paperwork they will be re-opening Ice House Road, the Rubicon and many other areas in the near future.

Now to answer the question about the Rubicon not being considered the National Forest (I asked just to make sure) this is what they told me: it is technically a county road, however, since the fire and fire perimeter lines are being managed and under the jurisdiction of the National Forest District, etc. they determine everything. So that being said, all rules apply to the Rubicon as the Forest.

But, the great news is that they will probably be lifting the closure on the area pretty quickly!

I'm now canceling our hotel reservation that we had in Nevada City....I think that things are looking pretty good and chances are we'll be on the Rubicon....

Here is a number to the information line 530-621-1201. They are open until 8pm.

YAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Thanks for staying on top of this! Only a few more days! :thumbup:

Top Bottom