Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

Cherokee shakedown run went fairly well, but I have some issues to get addressed this week. Crossing my fingers for the Rubicon and the issues I need handled to be fixed 👍

Okay, so I just got off the phone with the information line. Here is the most recent update:

They are currently re-evaluating the closure perimeter since the fire containment is now at 89%. Ice House Road and the Rubicon are included in this re-evaluated perimeter. Chances are, once they finish all the legal paperwork they will be re-opening Ice House Road, the Rubicon and many other areas in the near future.

Now to answer the question about the Rubicon not being considered the National Forest (I asked just to make sure) this is what they told me: it is technically a county road, however, since the fire and fire perimeter lines are being managed and under the jurisdiction of the National Forest District, etc. they determine everything. So that being said, all rules apply to the Rubicon as the Forest.

But, the great news is that they will probably be lifting the closure on the area pretty quickly!

I'm now canceling our hotel reservation that we had in Nevada City....I think that things are looking pretty good and chances are we'll be on the Rubicon....

Here is a number to the information line 530-621-1201. They are open until 8pm.

YAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Thanks for calling and getting the clarification. Hoping they will be able to get the technicalities out of the way so we can have some fun.

--rccrwlr.

Top Bottom