Rubicon Winter Rescue

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Water weighs approximately 4.5 psi per foot of descent in the water column...this is why you cannot breathe through a straw laying on the bottom of your pool

That, and you would suck in a lot of water (unless you have a really shallow pool or a really long straw). ;)

From what the owner said, the roof was caved in down to the roll bar they had just added. The hood was resting on the "valve covers"- his words. Mirrors were broke off, all from the weight of the snow. Anyway you measure it, there was a lot of force on that jeep![emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
We are talking atmospheric pressure...

33 feet depth salt water is exactly 2 atmospheres...at sea level, atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi...1 foot depth salt water is an additional 4.5454 psi atmospheric pressure

I think I'm understanding what you're saying. I was referring to fresh water so slightly less dense. But wouldn't it be 0.45454psi/ft?

Desert Crawler

I'm not an engineer, but I do know it was a hell of a lot less snow (like 3 ft) that caved in a small grocery store's ceiling in South Lake Tahoe this winter. Snow there should have similar water content.

Top Bottom