Running 40s

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And examples of such suspension systems would be?

I'd rather run the Enforcer kit with 2.5 Kings than the bolt on coil overs as it'll offer a nicer ride. It'll have less flex but I think it'd be a better match for daily driving. Of course, if it were me, I'd rather run the DTD kit with just the coil overs if cost of adding in the bypass shocks is prohibitive.

Basscat

I take it all brackets would be installed and the perch for the bypass shocks would be there if you chose to add those later? Or you'd be getting the front DTD, the rear DTD and the long arms for DTD all in one wack as listed on ORE website?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

SergJKURhino

#1 Suspension, bumpers, tire carrier and wheels with an intermediate size tire like a 37. No point lifting your Jeep if you're not going to run bigger tires. Save your money on fenders and trim your factory set.
#2 Forget the supercharger and just save up for axles, drive shafts and ram assist. Brakes and gears will come with your axles.
#3 Sell your 37's and use the money you get from them to help buy 40's

Thanks for your valuable input!!
Question...would 17x9 wheels on 5x5 pattern work for 40's? I ask because if I get the wheels first with an intermediate tire, they would need to fit my current stock axles. Or should I be getting 8x6.5 bolt patterned wheels at the same time as the axles...?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Question...would 17x9 wheels on 5x5 pattern work for 40's? I ask because if I get the wheels first with an intermediate tire, they would need to fit my current stock axles. Or should I be getting 8x6.5 bolt patterned wheels at the same time as the axles...?

They will work, will just mean you will be buying two sets of wheels rather than one. So if you are OK with losing money on a resale then go for it. Personally if i was going to do the swap soon i would just get wheels for the axles you're going to be running.

sent from your basement

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If you're determined to run 40's and only want to buy wheels once, I would recommend that you get them in a 5x5.5 and run wheel adapters to make them work on your 5x5 axles. When you get new axles to accommodate your 40's, get them in a 5x5.5 with 9/16" racing studs. 8-lug would be a better way to go but I've been able to get by with the racing studs.

SergJKURhino

If you're determined to run 40's and only want to buy wheels once, I would recommend that you get them in a 5x5.5 and run wheel adapters to make them work on your 5x5 axles. When you get new axles to accommodate your 40's, get them in a 5x5.5 with 9/16" racing studs. 8-lug would be a better way to go but I've been able to get by with the racing studs.

That'll work!! I'm sure I can formulate a solid plan with this info and figure it'll be a $25k-$30k project over a 5-year span.

Thanks for the info and for laying the foundation in building such a great community to share ideas and intellect. [emoji120]

Top Bottom